Any problems with 92-95 sho's

G-STANG

Established Member
Hi guys whats up.I have one question for you guys. Have you had any major problems with your cars (92-95 shos). I'm just curious, cause I always get mixed answers. Thanks

SnoracerX

Think Snow
Established Member
the autos are problems the brakes are problems other than that none i had one with over 180k on in and another with over 120k buth the latter was a 91

overall great car great reliability and great performance

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
SHO'S are a complicated machine. I have had mine since new and I can honestly say I have never worked on a car as much as I have worked on this damn SHO. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but it's more like a love/hate relationship than anything else.

After 14 years, I still have the car. I can't ever see myself departing with it unless I get a real race car, then I may be out of room in my warehouse/race shop.

If you're somewhat mechanically inclined, I wouldn't let it scare me. The guys on SHO Times have lots of great information that will help you get through ownership.

Good Luck!!!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
This question you will ALWAYS get mixed answers on. First, you have to remember 92 SHOs are now 11 years old. 95s, 8 years old. So of course you are going to have 'problems' with them!!!! As for the comment about ATXs, I disagree!!!! yes, they are 'weak', but my 93 had 118k on it, original tranny and it went to the dragstrip often!!!

The bottom line is ANY year SHO is a high maintenance vehcile and parts are not cheap!

But we still love'em!!

My current 90 has 145k on it and still tearing it up!!!! I have not had any problems with it that any other 13 year old car would have!

CobraVertWV

Gotta have more
Established Member
When I had my '93 Red MTX, my only complaint was the brakes. I actually had the brakes smoking once after racing down a windy country road. Had I not put a rod through the pan, a brake upgrade would have been on the to-do list. However, I still miss that car...it was comfortable, optioned right, and a blast to drive.:beer:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
I love my SHO, it needs some TLC, should have new brakes this week and I am hunting for a new engine, hopefulyl a 3.2 so I can use my 3.0 heads :)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
ya know, there are tons of hoses on the SHO motor, check'em all!!! I highly doubt your 'motor' is the cause of it.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by RTStabler51
ya know, there are tons of hoses on the SHO motor, check'em all!!! I highly doubt your 'motor' is the cause of it.
I parkeed her in a new spot and no spots on the ground :shrug: :shrug: It used that much fluid and I only drive it 8 miles to work and 8 miles back. Which hoses should I check. Its not getting hot like a car that has a coolant problem would normally do.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
loose nut behind the wheel?
ROFL,

Ok I think you are right I am pretty sure I have a leak somewhere, I checked my exhaust and oil, and I am going to list it on eBay with a small leak. It seems to have slowed down. It never gets hot.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Your selling it? Why? I honestly think the leak is the overflow tank. What are you gonna buy now?

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Your selling it? Why? I honestly think the leak is the overflow tank. What are you gonna buy now?
Selling it for financial reasons, she has been a great car only problem has been the leak which is pretty minor, never overheats, never has lost power, shifts beautifuly, car has perfect steering, almost everything works minus a coupole actuators and hood supports.

Users who are viewing this thread