Any Rc Car Fans? Look In Here!

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
heres a video i put together of a few buddies after work in our shop messing with some of our RC cars. the featured cars are 2 Associated RC18R's and a RC18B with a rollcage and a brushless and 1/10 scale wheels... there are also a few scenes of me flying my helicopters.... the one that doesnt crash is my E-flite blade cx and the one that crashes is my blade cp. and yes it is alot harder than it looks!
anyhoo, its just a crazy video of some jumps and breakin stuff, thought you may enjoy it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efcFC9eSdtE

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Out of curiousity, what batteries are you guys running in the 18s? If you're not running li-po, you should. The torque increase is ridiculous. I personally have a bunch of 1:18s (Xray M18 with a mamba, MiniZilla with a Mamba Micro RS4 with a 19T 540), and I run li-pos in all of them with great results. I just started a 1:10 project though so I'll be selling probably the M18 or the MRS4.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
we are just using 1400 mA/hour batts.. i dont really want to get into lipos on this car because of the extra cost for the charger and the voltage cutoff (i have ruined a lipo battery before on my heli by discharging it too much), because i like to put my money into my nitro TC3. these cars are just for kicks. the one guy with the rc18b in the video would be easy to convince because hes running a mamba and upgraded speed controller already.
the car i really want is the MCD racing evo 9 rally car. its a 1/5 scale 2 stroke! problem is im about 2700 dollars short.

http://www.mcdracing.com/rally.htm
22.jpg

Last edited:

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
Bri03GT said:
You Guys Kill Them Like You Bought Them From K-mart Lol.
lol, yea i guess we do, but compared to our nitro cars, these are really cheap, and they dont break nearly as often, even with the extreme jumps....

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
96redvette said:
we are just using 1400 mA/hour batts.. i dont really want to get into lipos on this car because of the extra cost for the charger and the voltage cutoff (i have ruined a lipo battery before on my heli by discharging it too much), because i like to put my money into my nitro TC3. these cars are just for kicks. the one guy with the rc18b in the video would be easy to convince because hes running a mamba and upgraded speed controller already.

He should have been long ago, though if he switches, he'll smoke everyone else so badly you guys will need to upgrade to keep up. BTW, the mamba has a programmable voltage cutoff, and also has a USB connector (similar to castle's 1:10 system, except it's a 20 dollar add-on).

Users who are viewing this thread