Any realistic Mustang/Cobra video games out there for ps2?

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Gran Turismo 4 for the PS2 has a Cobra R, 05 Mustang, and Shelby GT350R. Unfortunately, the sounds aren't all that realistic throughout the game. The 70 SS454 Chevelle with no muffler sounds like a Toyota. The 05 Stang does sound pretty nice, and the 00 Cobra sounds pretty good if I remember right (I started my game over and am waiting for a low miles one :D ). Don't remember on the GT350R, but I think it sounds OK.

If you want a great racing game, get Forza Motorsports for XBOX. I borrowed my friends Box and am playing that right now. I've never heard a straight piped 00 Cobra R or Saleen S281, but I'd say it's close. Those things sound MEAN! I can't decide on Forza or PS2, but I lean towards Forza considering you can change the paint any time, add body kits (they do have an effect on aerodynamics), you can add sticker from real world companies, and can make your car a race car with the graphics dealy. Forza is a great game, but I'm not the biggest fan of the physics. They feel to slick for me, too much sliding. And GT4 doesn't have the best physics either. The front wheel drive cars have more throttle oversteer than the rear wheel drive cars.

If you do have an XBOX or access to one, I suggest you rent Forza and try it. Also rent GT4, or buy it since it is a greatest hit now and is about $30. Just try it before you buy it.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Yeah, I have GT4 for PS2, pretty cool game but pretty much all sounds are very unrealistic.

Antagon

Established Member
I hate the sounds on Forza myself, my 600hp GN sounds like a pissed off Camry running 5 cats and 5 mufflers! Try Project Gotham 2, nowhere near as many cars, but they sound pretty damn good :)

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I have GT4 also. Yeah quite unrealistic. The 05 Stang and the 05 Ford GT sound bad ass. Really really ratty though. The 04 Lightning is too quiet for my tastes. I've had the game forever and have never driven the Shelby 427 Cobra or the AC version of it. I need to get them and make a setup for them. I bet they will kickass!

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
straightedge said:
Would that be the first version or second of need for speed?

There aren't any V8s in the first one, and the only ones in the second are the 05 Mustang GT and the 04 GTO.

Users who are viewing this thread