Any reason to keep stock springs and rear end gears?

YELOSNK

Established Member
Trying to clean out my garage...before I hand 'em to a scrapper, is there any reason to keep (or try to sell) the stock springs and rear end gears? Springs are pretty close to brand new and the gears would have been taken out with <10k miles.

Last edited:

FIREBALL

Established Member
I dont think rear gears need to be kept, but almost new stock springs (depending on mileage) may be different, there could be some looking for almost new stock springs, for me I wanted them to cut rear springs down by one coil, that gives the perfect ride height while keeping a good ride and good handling by staying with the Linear springs that they are. There could be some (and I recommend it) who would want to go this route. In a previous thread I mentioned how I went with the rear one coil cut stock spring and with (new) 6 cylinder front springs, this combo gave the perfect ride height and handling.---Almost new stock springs could have value for a few guys but money in your pocket wise it may not be worth the time or engergy.

Last edited:

YELOSNK

Established Member
I dont think rear gears need to be kept, but almost new stock springs (depending on mileage) may be different, there could be some looking for almost new stock springs, for me I wanted them to cut rear springs down by one coil, that gives the perfect ride height while keeping a good ride and good handling by staying with the Linear springs that they are. There could be some (and I recommend it) who would want to go this route. In a previous thread I mentioned how I went with the rear one coil cut stock spring and with (new) 6 cylinder front springs, this combo gave the perfect ride height and handling.---Almost new stock springs could have value for a few guys but money in your pocket wise it may not be worth the time or engergy.

Thanks. I think I'll offer the springs up for for free to anyone willing to pick 'em up. My guess is they have a thousand miles on 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread