Any recommendations for a good Steak House in DownTown San Diego: GasLamp District

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Like the title states. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a good steakhouse in San Diego Gas Lamp district? Will be going to San Diego for my brothers Bachelor's party. I'm trying to find a good steak house that has sea food in their menu as well for those that don't eat red meat. Been reading through some google and yelp reviews, but still can't decide. Maybe you guys have some preferences. Thanks.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think there's a place down there called the Strip Joint. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

wallie40

Established Member
Flemmings, Morton's, Donovans.

Or for Brazilian steak house you could do Fogo De Chao. All you can eat.

All of them will need reservations.

-Paul

laruei

Established Member
Or Ruths Chris.. but they are as $$ as Flemings

Also the Strip Club is very far removed from the types of restaurants listed above....

97snakebite

Established Member
Ruths Chris and Morton has my picks... and yes be prepared to spend 200 if you goto Ruths.. thats if you arnt solo

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Thanks for the recommendations. I spoke with some people that are going to the bachelor party and not all will have the funds to the more expensive places, like Mortons or Donovans. I'm thinking about greystone steakhouse? Anyone been there?

TRMI8TR

TRMIN8TR
Established Member
Can't believe no body mention The Yard House, lots of good food with A LOT of different kinds of beers.

wallie40

Established Member
Ive been to Greystone. Not quite as nice as the others i have listed, but still ok. The advantage of Greystone and Strip Joint is that they are in the Gas Lamp. So you dont have to walk very far to continue bar hopping.

-Paul

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Ive been to Greystone. Not quite as nice as the others i have listed, but still ok. The advantage of Greystone and Strip Joint is that they are in the Gas Lamp. So you dont have to walk very far to continue bar hopping.

-Paul

Not having to drive and continue drinking is what we would like to do. Greystone sounds more like what we are looking for. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread