Any stats on how many of you have broken axels?

eightballrj

Established Member
I am picking my Mach up on Saturday and was wondering how much more the 8.8 in the Mach will take than the IRS 8.8 in the 99-01 Cobras. If you have a feat of axel strength post it, if you have a tale of axel wussiness(made up word) post it. Thanks guys/gals!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I personally don't know anybody that has broken any and I know quite a few Mach's.

I'm sure they are horror stories on the Mach 1 forums.

eightballrj

Established Member
Yeh, I think I might upgrade to Moser 28's for safety's sake since I might be using DR's or ET Streets down the line.

TRXboy

Established Member
Moser 28 spline axle.

brokenaxle1lr0.jpg

brokenaxle3iu8.jpg

brokenaxle4ai7.jpg

Broke it on the 1-2 shift (not power shifting) on the street with 315/35/17 BFG Drag Radials (not heated up).

TRXboy

Established Member
I will say, there are alot more horror stories about Cobra guys breaking rear ends than the Mach boys. Not to mention, You break an axle, You fix it, You break a half shaft, chances are your replacing the pumpkin as well.

eightballrj

Established Member
TRXboy said:
Moser 28 spline axle.

brokenaxle1lr0.jpg

brokenaxle3iu8.jpg

brokenaxle4ai7.jpg

Broke it on the 1-2 shift (not power shifting) on the street with 315/35/17 BFG Drag Radials (not heated up).

Wow, nice break. Looks like manufacturing defect to me... crack going all the way down the shaft that allowed for the start of a crack migration.

gtmustang00

Established Member
still on stock rear, 3800rpm launches w/ mt et street radials. totally stock car though, air silencer to tail pipes.

Users who are viewing this thread