Any suspenion items that I should do next?

Black2010

Established Member
I've been tackling the rebuild of my suspension in preparation of adding some more HP to the car.

I did the IRS already and am doing the front this weekend. Curious if their is anything I've missed that I should replace while I'm at it. My list so far:
- MM Full length Sub Frame connectors
- MM CC plates
- H&R Race Springs
- Stock shocks (still in good shape)
- Poly IRS Subframe bushings with the upgrade to the correct size bolts.
- Poly rear Control arm bushings
- Poly Sway bar bushing
- MM Rear Sway end link kit
- Poly Diff bushings
- Poly front control arm bushings
- Poly Front sway bar bushings
- Poly Steering Rack bushings
- SVE bumpsteer kit
- new hubs
- Stifflers Strut Tower brace

I don't street or race on the track. Car is just a fun car to cruise around with a spirited drive occasionally. My goal was to just have the car track and handle better as well as to remove some of the shimmy it has on the highway. Anything that I may have missed that really needs to be done as well? I will be going with a 2.93 pully soon but that will most likely be the extent of power adders (along wth my CAI and Bassani Exhaust).

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Depending on mileage, consider ball joints and inner/outer tie rods. Especially considering your shimmy. Do a search for more info.

I have no direct experience, but have read that poly steering rack bushings don't work. They have to be aluminum.

I wouldn't do all that work without replacing the diff cover with the Ford Racing cover (unless you already have it).

I assume by Diff bushings, you mean front and rear. If not, I recommend doing front and rear.

Black2010

Established Member
Appreciate it. I did the IRS already and did do the front and rear bushings.

I'll look into the inner tie rods since I am putting the bump steer kit on which is replacing the outer tie rods. Car only has 23K miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread