any terminators out there running 99-01 cobra heads

TerminatedGT

Established Member
any terminators out there running 99 Cobra heads there are a few of these cars that have had issues I'm wondering are these heads better do they not have the issues do they have the issues is there any loss or gain of power from running themthey seem to be a much cheaper way of putting my car back together

TerminatedGT

Established Member
I don't know that there will be a noticible power difference until you get into big boost.

They are a 54cc head where the 03+ heads are 52cc. So you will lose a little compression.

03+ heads do flow better and have a better design

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?707171-01-cobra-vs-03-cobra-heads
Thanks for the info the head flow numbers info was a nice comparison. This can will most likely never see more then 8-10PSI however I do want to do a small shot of nitrous ( 150-175 shot )

I guess part of my question is do the 99-01 heads have the tick or valve seat problems like the 03-04 heads? every time I look it up I am using my cell phone and it brings up Mach 1's and 03 cobras

GodStang

Established Member
Also the cooling is different on the 99-01 Cobra heads which if I remember correctly are less friendly to boost. For the most part the guys not running the stock heads they either go to Navigator heads or Ford GT/GT500 heads.

TerminatedGT

Established Member
Also the cooling is different on the 99-01 Cobra heads which if I remember correctly are less friendly to boost. For the most part the guys not running the stock heads they either go to Navigator heads or Ford GT/GT500 heads.

will the above navi or gt500 head fit the 2003 cobra intake I did not think the navi heads would. What heads are the GT500's never heard of putting them on a 4.6?

GodStang

Established Member
Ford GT/GT500 heads will not work on an 03 cobra without (quite a bit of) modfiication. Also, if you're on a budget, these are not for you. Navi heads are not a direct swap for an 03 cobra either.

This. I should clarify what I was saying. On our cars 99.9% of the people just use 03-04 Cobra/Aviator/Mach 1 heads and if they want better they port them. For the small amount of people that have gone away from our heads have either gone to Navigator heads or Ford GT/GT500 heads. Yes they will work but will take some modding of the intake.

Users who are viewing this thread