any thoughts on Hp/tq numbers?

mustangaddict21

One Quick Six
Established Member
2001 v6 mustang
17" rims, CAI, Under drive Pully, Eibach Pro Kit, Tokico Gas shocks, Steeda tri-ax shifter,Hurst T handle, 3.73 gears with T-lok, Dual exhaust with Mac shorty headers, Subframe Connectors, and NX nitros system NEW MOD added 2001 Cobra IRS rear end.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Maybe 165-170rwhp on motor. 75 shot, 230rwhp. It's cool that you have the IRS on there but damn, you're spending a lot of money on a V-6. Throw a small turbo on there and you might be a force to be reckoned with in AutoX.

mustangaddict21

One Quick Six
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Maybe 165-170rwhp on motor. 75 shot, 230rwhp. It's cool that you have the IRS on there but damn, you're spending a lot of money on a V-6. Throw a small turbo on there and you might be a force to be reckoned with in AutoX.

I am working my way towards and autox car. not to much money is being spent i think i am up to $15,000.00 car and all. I am looking for a nice small turbo or a supercharger. I cant decide both have pro,s and cons. right now I dont have enough money right now I went back to college so a lot of my money is tied up there. but after schools done I am definently looking to go big time with the car plus buy and older mustang for a drag car and also a show car. all and all I have big dreams and even bigger plans. :coolman: :banana:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
mustangaddict21 said:
I am working my way towards and autox car. not to much money is being spent i think i am up to $15,000.00 car and all. I am looking for a nice small turbo or a supercharger. I cant decide both have pro,s and cons. right now I dont have enough money right now I went back to college so a lot of my money is tied up there. but after schools done I am definently looking to go big time with the car plus buy and older mustang for a drag car and also a show car. all and all I have big dreams and even bigger plans. :coolman: :banana:

Maybe try a roots blower. I think you can use the ones from the 3.8 supercharged T-Birds. You'll have instant boost for coming out of turns.

mustangaddict21

One Quick Six
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Maybe try a roots blower. I think you can use the ones from the 3.8 supercharged T-Birds. You'll have instant boost for coming out of turns.
I what year T-bird and how much do they run price wise? Like I said before I am in college and dont have much money but I am like everyone else trying to do the best that I can for there car and stick to a budget.

200gt

Established Member
look in the new mm&ff or either 5.0, not sure which but they add a cai and exhause and all and make about 185 hp and 200 tq to the wheels and w/ 75 shot maybe 240 at the wheels

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
mustangaddict21 said:
I what year T-bird and how much do they run price wise? Like I said before I am in college and dont have much money but I am like everyone else trying to do the best that I can for there car and stick to a budget.

The blowers can be had for cheap, maybe a few hundred on ebay. I'm not sure what all you have to do to get it to work. Try stangnet and see if they have an article on it. I think they're mid 90's models T-birds. I've driven a couple at work and they're pretty quick little cars.

Users who are viewing this thread