any tips for my 1st time changing oil on Terminator?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'm using amsoil dominator racing oil now. Haven't changed it since I've started using it though.

How long has it been?

I thought about running the dominator....but I read "unleashed beast" post several times how amsoil does not recommend running dominator and E85 past 6 month intervals....I said forget it and have run either amsoil SS 530 or Mobil One XP 530 since I go one year.

One peculiar thing I've noted running the amsoil versus the M1....is the oil separator. I'll have to dump some accumulation out about 6 months in running M1....never had hardly a drop accumulate running amsoil SS for an entire year.

jblood37

Established Member
How long has it been?

I thought about running the dominator....but I read "unleashed beast" post several times how amsoil does not recommend running dominator and E85 past 6 month intervals....I said forget it and have run either amsoil SS 530 or Mobil One XP 530 since I go one year.

One peculiar thing I've noted running the amsoil versus the M1....is the oil separator. I'll have to dump some accumulation out about 6 months in running M1....never had hardly a drop accumulate running amsoil SS for an entire year.
Damn, I never saw these posts. Could you link one if possible? It's been a year, maybe 1k miles. I may make the switch to ss also.

I don't have any accumulation in my separator either.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Damn, I never saw these posts. Could you link one if possible? It's been a year, maybe 1k miles. I may make the switch to ss also.

I don't have any accumulation in my separator either.

It's been several years since I read those and I suck at this search function.....but basically it boiled down to the detergent/dispersant in the additive packs being lower with the "racing" oils. I'm pretty sure he would say if you run dominator go 6 months or 5000 miles which ever comes first....particularly when running E85.

Being you've only run 1000 I'm sure you are fine.....but might be a good time to go with a change to SS if you plan on stretching out another year interval IMO

nxhappy

Established Member
Yup, but Amsoil is now my number one oil for the cobra. Oil pressure is exactly the same between the two.
amsoil is the shit ! although my first change I just did mobil 1 10w30.

nl5882

Established Member
Hehy guys the specs are 5-20w on the oil from ford. Why are you guys using the
5-30W? I did a Google search didn't find anything pertaining to the 03/0r cobras.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
3 years! It's not that hard to do lol. I spend 84 dollars once a year on Amsoil ss 10w30. I likely have 700 miles on this stuff, seems like a waste but it helps me sleep better at night.

Hey Bdubbs,
I would use the OEM or XL if only changing once a year with only 700 miles. The big difference between the SS and the OEM/ XL is the detergent formulation for extended drain intervals. The SS is really good when changing yearly and and normal driving mileage or more (12k-20k). I have to use the SS due to the 5W-50 specification.....I put 3000 on my Shelby every year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey Bdubbs,
I would use the OEM or XL if only changing once a year with only 700 miles. The big difference between the SS and the OEM/ XL is the detergent formulation for extended drain intervals. The SS is really good when changing yearly and and normal driving mileage or more (12k-20k). I have to use the SS due to the 5W-50 specification.....I put 3000 on my Shelby every year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm fine with using the ss series. It's not breaking then bank doing it once a year by any means. Thanks for the heads up.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I did this back when I was looking at pan options..... 7 works fine and what I would use running an OEM pan but whatever you decide....

P1040007_zpsf66bced5.jpg

P1040008_zps2998fa8b.jpg

P1040010_zpse852da24.jpg

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Spec in the workshop manual actually says 6 +/- .25 with a filter change. Been dumping in 7 since new, even though i didnt buy it new, i did the work on the car for the previous owner.
Anybody answer the question why too much is bad? Its because the crank can aerate the oil. Crank will never hit the oil at 7 quarts, especially if its running,. There's probably a quart a piece in each head when it's running.

Users who are viewing this thread