Any tobacco pipe smokers?

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Since my birthday was yesterday and I've been getting into cigars, I went to my local Tinder Box and bought a meerschaum pipe - it's my own birthday present to myself. Can't wait for it to start coloring!

9are9u2u.jpg

So who all smokes cigars or pipes? Post what your favorite cigars/tobacco blends are!

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
if your into cigars, try these. one of the best cigars i ever had.
Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso - Cigars International

and ofcourse you cant go wrong with a olivia v series, rocky patel old world reserve or a macanudo. lol god the list keep going on and on.

i recently just got into pipe smoking however havent really developed a pallet yet for a specific tobacco.

thats a sick pipe, whered you get it?

silverstang84

Established Member
I love cigars l. I actually have to buy a bigger humidor soon, I'm outgrowing the one I have.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
if your into cigars, try these. one of the best cigars i ever had.
Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso - Cigars International

and ofcourse you cant go wrong with a olivia v series, rocky patel old world reserve or a macanudo. lol god the list keep going on and on.

i recently just got into pipe smoking however havent really developed a pallet yet for a specific tobacco.

thats a sick pipe, whered you get it?

The Tinder Box in the Wolfchase mall. I love it! Except these turn colors over time of being smoked. It's coated in bees wax and is very fragile. You have to make sure you smoke with clean hands or the oils and grime from your hands will negatively change the color. It's a tedious process but when done correctly will go from the milky white color to something like this:

u2ahabyr.jpg

They're pretty pricey, but if you want the best, this it!

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Never got into, or think I ever will get into smoking a pipe. Just don't have the beard for it I guess, LOL.

On the flip side I do like the smell of most pipe tobacco.

Last edited by a moderator:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Never got into, or think I ever will get into smoking a pipe. Just don't have the beard for it I guess, LOL.

On the flip side I do like the smell of most pipe tobacco.

I couldn't grow a beard if my life depended on it! Doesn't stop me! Hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I love cigars and used to smoke them quite often. But my I don't smoke in my apartment and my complex has strict outside smoking areas (understandably). So it's been a while since I've had one.

I've looked into pipes. Even bought a little $5 walnut one to try it out. I liked the taste and loved the options of house blends at my tobacco shop. But couldn't keep it lit with out puffing on it every couple of seconds. With a little more research and practice I'm sure I could have gotten it down. Hell, just thinking about it makes me want to dig it out and give it another go. I love the coloring of meerschaum pipes but the fancy ones are a bit too flashy for my taste. This is ultimately what I'd like to pick up:

MeerschaumPipe_zps9e1d08be.jpg

Meerschaum pipes are stunning when they are seasoned:

bn3.jpg

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I've looked into pipes. Even bought a little $5 walnut one to try it out. I liked the taste and loved the options of house blends at my tobacco shop. But couldn't keep it lit with out puffing on it every couple of seconds. With a little more research and practice I'm sure I could have gotten it down.

I did the exact same thing, purchased a mid-level pipe, tobacco, filters, tools, lighter, but I couldn't keep the damn thing burning.
I watched videos on how to properly pack tobacco, but it never seemed to work.:shrug:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
tobacco pipe smoker here for about the past 10 years. i only like to do it every once in a while though - not too often, maybe about once a month. i can usually keep it burning through the whole bowl.

94venomV8

Established Member
I dont smoke as a habit, but will admit I enjoy smoking hookahs or the e cigs that are nicotine free. Its almost like a water vapor and actually tastes good. My buddy bought one of these I tried the other day, kinda feel like a queer but he had this cherry one and it did taste pretty good.
blu-cigs-electronic-cigarette-review.png

TClark22

Established Member
used to smoke cigars with my old roommate alot...a few years ago but moved out and haven't smoked one since. And no pipe smoke here...used to partake in the real mans pipe smoke in college but can't do that stuff with a job :)

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
I dont smoke as a habit, but will admit I enjoy smoking hookahs or the e cigs that are nicotine free. Its almost like a water vapor and actually tastes good. My buddy bought one of these I tried the other day, kinda feel like a queer but he had this cherry one and it did taste pretty good.
blu-cigs-electronic-cigarette-review.png

Never done hookah. What's it like?

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
used to smoke cigars with my old roommate alot...a few years ago but moved out and haven't smoked one since. And no pipe smoke here...used to partake in the real mans pipe smoke in college but can't do that stuff with a job :)

Couldn't ever touch that stuff due to private school and military. I'll stick to tobacco, though I am still trying to quit smoking cigarettes.

tdschst

Established Member

Hookah is great to smoke, especially with friends with a nice beer. There's all kinds of different flavored tobacco to try, you can use juice instead of water, and even put pieces of fruit in it. It's also super relaxing. Give it a try some time, they have hookah bars you can go to, to get a try

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
Smoking Hookah is usually a little more "buzzy" than cigars and pipe smoking, but I had a dark cigar a few weeks doing just the usual mouth draw and boy was I buzzed like a hookah. I guess it has to do with the curing of the psychoactives in tobacco.

Last edited:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Hookah is great to smoke, especially with friends with a nice beer. There's all kinds of different flavored tobacco to try, you can use juice instead of water, and even put pieces of fruit in it. It's also super relaxing. Give it a try some time, they have hookah bars you can go to, to get a try

Sounds like I'll have to try it sometime.

94venomV8

Established Member

Its awesome, and thats coming from a non smoker. Never smoked a day in my life except that. It is almost like inhaling a "mist/vapor" with a really good taste. My cousin actually bought a hookah because he liked it so much and didnt want to pay at hookah bars anymore. But like said above you can just about get any flavor tobacco (which reminds me of chewing tobacco) and at hookah bars I went to they could mix it to your liking, so we did a strawberry mango one night, stuff like that..... I would recommend it, hell even my buddies fiance did it and liked it, again shes never smoked before. And dont take the man card away lol

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
I rocked one for a good amount of time on deployment till I accidently threw it in an MRE box and it got thrown away. Haven't picked up a new one since.
dsc01843gf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread