Any UFC fans in here?

92StangMan

Established Member
I was looking forward to Conor and RDA fighting in two weeks but am equally excited for Conor and Diaz! Though I don't think it'll be as physically competitive between Conor and Diaz as it would be between Conor and RDA, at least it'll be verbally competitive.

McGregor-UFC-Diaz.jpg

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm a fan, really bummed to see RDA pulled out. He did post a picture of his foot and it is definitely jacked up so at least there won't be the argument that he is faking.

I didn't like him in the beginning but McGregor has backed up everything he has said and I look forward to seeing how far he can go before he is knocked off his pedestal.

Blown 89

Established Member
Fingers crossed Diaz shuts that prick up. Unfortunately that's very unlikely.

Did anyone else catch Dana King....er.....Don White....sorry, Dana White's comments toward Aldo and Edgar? What a piece of shit that guy is. Aldo just got off his medical suspension for training and Edgar has an MRI verified injury yet White threw them under the bus and made it sound like they were too afraid to step in on a week's notice.

Last edited:

tnuce10

Established Member
It really sucks that RDA had to pull out. Like someone said earlier, I wasn't a McGregor fan at first, but he backs up everything he says and if nothing else...he's exciting to watch.

I don't see the fight against Diaz being nearly as competitive, but I definitely think it will be more entertaining. We may end up seeing more shit talking than actual fighting

VegasMichael

Established Member
Used to be a fan but Dana White and all the competing leagues have driven me away. Too much exposure makes things dull for me. It was more fun when there was 3 or 4 UFC events per year.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I've always disliked the Diaz brothers but this is one time that I will root for Nate. Conor's trash talk and trying to get in Nate's head won't work. If Nate gets Conor on the ground then Conor will be in trouble. This one is definitely going multiple rounds. I don't see Conor KO'ing Diaz like he thinks he's going to.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Used to be a fan but Dana White and all the competing leagues have driven me away. Too much exposure makes things dull for me. It was more fun when there was 3 or 4 UFC events per year.

This... And three or four PRIDE events to offset them. PRIDE in the mid 2000's was a great show.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I've always disliked the Diaz brothers but this is one time that I will root for Nate. Conor's trash talk and trying to get in Nate's head won't work. If Nate gets Conor on the ground then Conor will be in trouble. This one is definitely going multiple rounds. I don't see Conor KO'ing Diaz like he thinks he's going to.

I like where you're headed with this but I don't know if it will work out so well for Diaz to stand in front of Connor.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I like where you're headed with this but I don't know if it will work out so well for Diaz to stand in front of Connor.

Conor loves to counter punch and Diaz never really throws haymakers or tries one punch KO his opponents. He's a very accurate striker that likes to throw a barrage of punches which don't have a ton of power behind them but still fluster and annoy his opponents because they are constantly getting hit. I think Diaz can technically out box Conor but Conor has the power advantage. If I were Diaz I'd definitely work on my takedowns so I could utilize that black belt in BJJ of mine.

Swordish

Established Member
It's already pretty entertaining between these two. I'm pumped on this fight, even if it's not as good and doesn't have the same stakes. Should be good stuff.

Swordish

Established Member
Fingers crossed Diaz shuts that prick up. Unfortunately that's very unlikely.

Did anyone else catch Dana King....er.....Don White....sorry, Dana White's comments toward Aldo and Edgar? What a piece of shit that guy is. Aldo just got off his medical suspension for training and Edgar has an MRI verified injury yet White threw them under the bus and made it sound like they were too afraid to step in on a week's notice.

DW is a carnival barker and nothing more. He says what suits him and the time and flies off the handle when people challenge him on it. He's got the media scared of him. Maybe for good reason--he's got a history of pulling press credentials over silly things.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
I only watch a handfull of fighters. I am very eager to see CM Punk get his ass kicked soon, IF he stops pulling out of fights. lol

92StangMan

Established Member
I can see why some people get tired of Conor talking as much as he does but I understand why he does it. The guy has pocketed millions of dollars by talking and backing it up in the cage. If any of us had the same ability, we would do it too. With that said, I've been a fan of Nick and Nate for years, and although I do not see Nate winning, I'll be rooting for him.

Away from the microphone, Conor seems like a genuine person -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ZofBjfcDQ

crazyj0n

Established Member
And Conor gets wrecked by Diaz!! LOL!

I'm glad conor got taken out. He plays the humble card after the fight, but if he was really that humble he wouldn't have tapped to a choke. Holm didn't tap to it, was wanting to see her win.

92StangMan

Established Member
Great night of fights! Holly is a warrior and hated to see her lose but can't say I'm upset to see Miesha get the belt. She's as tough and gritty as they come, and she's earned it. I'm also glad to see Diaz get the sub.

I know it's speculation but seeing how well Nate did against McGregor tonight without a camp, it's hard not to wonder if RDA would have plowed through Conor and embarrass him more than Diaz did. If BJ Penn taught us anything, it's best to stick to one weight class. We will see if Conor sticks to 145 (and perhaps eventually 155 as he matures in the fight game).

Next month is Cormier-Jones 2.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Great night of fights! Holly is a warrior and hated to see her lose but can't say I'm upset to see Miesha get the belt. She's as tough and gritty as they come, and she's earned it. I'm also glad to see Diaz get the sub.

All Holm had to do was avoid being taken to the canvas in that last minute of round 5 and she failed...

Users who are viewing this thread