Any way to get rid of a burn out?

Speedy1

Established Member
My wife is freakin out because my Brother-In-Law left a fifty foot strip in front of my house with his Lightning. I was making fun of him cuz I couldn't hear his truck run, I just installed the Maggy, and his is stock exhaust, so he let one rip. Gotta say I wish I had it on video, it was a nice one. Anyway, I gotta figure out a way to get that rubber off the road in front of my house so the wife stops sqwakin, any suggestions?

And I'll take care of this before someone else does!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Just leave it... It's like a decoration for the front of the house. :beer:

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
There's still one I left about a year ago here. I like to think of burnouts as a signature!!!
She'll get over it...

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Pour some gas on it, light a match that is on the end of a long stick, set it on fire, and run like hell. If the police and FDP come say you saw some kids playing with firecrackers outside.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
It'll be there for a while, We have a 4800psi pressure washer/steam cleaner that will blow paint off of a tank(it really will) and it won't even touch burnouts.

Speedy1

Established Member
There's got to be a chemical that will do the trick. Fire is out of the question with all the leaves starting to fall. I've been known to leave a few "signatures" myself, but not right in front of the house, wife says it looks trashy, and I have to agree.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I really think you are out of luck. Most chemicals that could do that are very powerful and not available to the public. Unless you work in a lab like me. I've seen adds some where for some kind of spray that takes burnt rubber of the back section of your car. It might be worth trying that on the cement. But... it probably won't work. Most chemicals are stored in jars that have rubber stoppers. You understand.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Originally posted by ampstang
I really think you are out of luck. Most chemicals that could do that are very powerful and not available to the public. Unless you work in a lab like me. I've seen adds some where for some kind of spray that takes burnt rubber of the back section of your car. It might be worth trying that on the cement. But... it probably won't work. Most chemicals are stored in jars that have rubber stoppers. You understand.
That only keeps it from sticking. You might go get some purple cleaner, or castrols cleaner and let it soak, then try to pressure wash it, but I have tried just about everything, from acid for doing aluminum, soaps of all sort. I actually can blow the cement away before I get the rubber to come off.

inteller

Established Member
tell your wife the only way to get rid of it is to clean your pipes daily until it fades away.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
it's not even on your property... your responsibilities to your borthers burnout only extend as far was your tax dollar does. Tell your wife that.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I drew a smiley face in the parking lot of my fraternity w/ my old ninja when I was a sophomore (three years back) w/ a little bleach to make it a good smoke show. It laid down a lot of rubber and the damn thing is still there. I had a puncture in my rear tire and it wouldn't hold air so I pumped it way the hell up and burnt it off before taking the rim in for a new tire.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Rubber on asphalt is very difficult to remove. I have a power washing business and I wouldn't even attempt it. Pressure washing with hot water might loosen it up and fade it a little but you will start breaking up the asphalt, too. I don't know of any cleaning chemicals that will dissolve rubber but if there are any, I'm sure they are potent and would cause more harm than good, especially when used by an amateur. You could seal coat the street over it to better blend in the color but somehow, I can't see you out in front of your house seal coating the street. LOL! Another method would be to abrade it off using a floor sander but once again, the sander may damage the street and make it worse than the burnout now is. To tell you the truth, it may just be easier to replace your wife... I would just try to make some kind of deal with her. Buy her something she wants or take her somewhere nice if she will never mention the burnout again. :-D

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
the only way to take care of that is to wander on over to his place and do a nice pavement melting burnout that'll be there until they repave.

I have an old set of slicks that I use just for that type of occasion.

PAyback is a bitch

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Get TrueBlueGT do do a burnout on his bike in the shape of a c0ck and balls in front of your brother's house. There is nothing worse than that you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread