Any wrangler rubicon owners? pricing question...

96 cobra

Established Member
I'm pricing out a '14 2-door rubicon, and no dealership in the area will get close to MSRP (around $32k), all sorts of BS pricing add-ons come out to $34k+ And rebates, what are those?! :lol:

What are your experiences w/ rubicon pricing & rebates?

Thanks!

DaBigBone

Established Member
I have a Sport but was looking at Rubicons recently. The 2014s are going for good prices since the 2015s have started rolling out. I don't see why you can't scoop one up closer to MSRP.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I wouldn't pay any more than $500 over invoice but that's me. You should travel and contact many different dealers until you meet your goal. If you go to a dealer and the bullshit starts just walk away. Ask me how many dealers I went to before I bought my 14 GT500.

96 cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys!

I looked into the Sport model, had no idea they had a D44 rear axle and the brake lock traction system (forgot it's exact acronym)... which changes everything and will save me a lot of $ in the end :)

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
Pay the $100 for a Tread Lightly memnbership. You get pricing of 1% below invoice, and a restriction on fees that the dealer can charge like doc fees, etc. Worth the money. I negotiated to 2 % under on my wife's Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk.

Raven519

Established Member
Pay the $100 for a Tread Lightly memnbership. You get pricing of 1% below invoice, and a restriction on fees that the dealer can charge like doc fees, etc. Worth the money. I negotiated to 2 % under on my wife's Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk.

This, i did this with 2 of my Jeeps and my 200, It was only $60 when i got it. No hassle at all, walked out with a good deal.

96 cobra

Established Member
You guys are awesome, thanks for the tread lightly info, signed up this morning!

IA Shelby

Established Member
Does someone have the link to tread lightly?

I can find the Chrysler Affiliates Program. For that you need to be an employee of an authorized company. I believe I meet the criteria (I am checking with their rewards dept).

It doesn't appear there is a cost or a wait time.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
http://treadlightly.org/join/individual/

Looking at a Jeep myself.

Didn't know about this, though...

Eligibility to receive the Affiliate Rewards Program Preferred Price (1% below factory invoice) on the purchase or lease of most new Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT and FIAT vehicles. The Preferred Price – combined with current incentives – can be up to thousands of dollars off the Manufacture’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP).

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
http://treadlightly.org/join/individual/

Looking at a Jeep myself.

Didn't know about this, though...

Eligibility to receive the Affiliate Rewards Program Preferred Price (1% below factory invoice) on the purchase or lease of most new Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT and FIAT vehicles. The Preferred Price – combined with current incentives – can be up to thousands of dollars off the Manufacture’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP).

It is an excellent deal. It can also be combined with current incentives. $1500 cash back on a Jeep for example, is taken off of the 1% under invoice, making it an even better deal.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
It is an excellent deal. It can also be combined with current incentives. $1500 cash back on a Jeep for example, is taken off of the 1% under invoice, making it an even better deal.

True on this, if it works. (Not saying it doesn't, but if it does; paying $100 to get a couple of thou off on a deal you were going to do anyway, you'd prove to have the IQ of a soap dish if you passed up on it.) Just seems too good to be true...

There's a Jeep dealer not so far from me where I'd wind up purchasing my vehicle, I'm tempted to drive in and ask about it.

96 cobra

Established Member

Does the "preferred price" include all dealership fees (more or less all costs excluding tags & sales tax)?

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I don't know what dealer fees you're talking about But here in PA they were going to see me a Rubicon Unlimited $500 under invoice. 2 doors were the same deal and they would order it. I ended up getting a Certified Sahara Unlimited, love it.

Dealer fees here are PA sales tax (6%), Doc fee ($100) and registration ($89)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread