Any WV people in here?

taco

Banned
DMassey said:
Yep, the 'Mill is past Van... I live about 2 miles north of the Sawmill :)

Derek and the other guys have came over here a bunch... Derek's car is STRONG right now!!!

Does anybody still cruise/hang out in C-ville on the weekends anymore? I used to date a girl that lives at Hidden Valley

they hang out there some in the summer...i dont really have time tho i work all the time...who did u date from hidden valley?....i finally got my pulley on and it runs really well...im gonna race derek when he gets his car outta the body shop and by then ill have some drag radials...itll be close

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
taco said:
they hang out there some in the summer...i dont really have time tho i work all the time...who did u date from hidden valley?....i finally got my pulley on and it runs really well...im gonna race derek when he gets his car outta the body shop and by then ill have some drag radials...itll be close

what's Derek getting done to his car in the body shop? I dated Crystal Mullins for about 2 years.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
04shakerJRS said:
Oh wow, someone said Van. My high school used to play them in football. i played for Meadow Bridge! LOL

I graduated from Van in '97 :rockon:

EVOVIIIGT

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
P-burg here too!

You have run around w/Johnathan, Adam, Keith and Ashley...right? Your car sounds awsome on video... I just picked up my GT a week ago, its stock for now :-D maybe this summer when you guys are out and about I will bring one of the cars out and go for a cruise or hit up a car show or two...

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I gradiated from Winfield in '95. I attended Bluefield in '93, and lived in Madison and went to the local schools from '82-'93 and attended Scott High from '92-'93, and just long enough to play one home Football game in '94, then we moved to Bluefield.

-Jeff

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
EVOVIIIGT said:
You have run around w/Johnathan, Adam, Keith and Ashley...right? Your car sounds awsome on video... I just picked up my GT a week ago, its stock for now :-D maybe this summer when you guys are out and about I will bring one of the cars out and go for a cruise or hit up a car show or two...

That would be me. If you need any help or suggestions with the stang give me a yell.

EVOVIIIGT

Established Member
Hey thanks! I really do need help figuring out what the best products are for it... I know my way around my Evolution, but the mustang is an entirely different car...ive never owned a domestic, and this is my first RWD V8... What exhaust system should I get for it?? I was thinking longtube headers, and the least restrictive cat back exhaust (w/out cats)...

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
EVOVIIIGT said:
Hey thanks! I really do need help figuring out what the best products are for it... I know my way around my Evolution, but the mustang is an entirely different car...ive never owned a domestic, and this is my first RWD V8... What exhaust system should I get for it?? I was thinking longtube headers, and the least restrictive cat back exhaust (w/out cats)...

I will send you a pm. :thumbsup: Well I tried but you are not allowed to get pm's yet.

It all depends what you want to do with the car and your future plans. Gears are the biggest thing that people do. You will feel a big difference. It will rev quicker and acceleration will improve. I went with 4.10's in my 96 Cobra (4valve Dual overhead Cam 4.6) and loved them. Yours stock are 3.27's. If interested they cost about 159$ give or take. I would go with 3.73's with your car. Of course you will lose a little top end. But then again like I said I dont know your plans with the car.
Headers would be good and I would go with BBK. Great piece at a fair price. Good place is here, http://www.partshopper.com/shop/BBK-Long-Tube-Headers-for-4.6L-Mustangs-m302.html
Exhaust system depends on what sound you want. Deep, mellow muscle car sound like Mac and flowmaster give. Or racy, exotic, nascar sound like Borla, Bassani give.
Then you got the whole h-pipe vs. x-pipe ordeal. H-pipes are deeper sounding a help better down low. X-pipes are more raspy and not as deep and do better up top. Cats really dont matter. Bassani X-pipes (most popular, I had on my 96 cobra) cats and Magnaflow X-pipe cats flow really well. BBK H-pipe cats flow well also.
Then there is the intake. Depends on what you want also. These make the most power, http://www.partshopper.com/shop/C&L-80mm-System-1996-01-GT/Bullitt--m243.html . Its not a cold air kit but those are available to. One of the favorite intakes are JLT. They do both cold air (in the fender) and normal. They can paint it any way you want and they do an awesome job. Here is the link, flip thru the gallery and check out some of the flame jobs he has done for cobras. https://www32.ssldomain.com/jlttruecoldair/products.php?make=Ford&model=Mustang GT&year=1996-2000
You probably hate that shifter too. MGW makes the best shifters right now. And Steeda makes second best. http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_shifter.shtml
http://www.steeda.com/

I know that was probably more than you wanted to know. But that should get you started. Ryan

Last edited:

taco

Banned
DMassey said:
what's Derek getting done to his car in the body shop? I dated Crystal Mullins for about 2 years.

hes gettin a new front bumper and i think a new heat exchanger...he ran into a tree that had fell into the road

EVOVIIIGT

Established Member
Hey Ryan, thanks for all the suggestions!! I will take all those into consideration...I get my mod money in the beginning of Feburuary... So I will prolly order the intake, exhaust, tint the windows, shifter,black headlights, black out the tails...and that should be it... Oh yeh and about the gears, the guy I bought it off of already put 3.73 gears in the car and a MACH 1 suspension, other than those its stock... I am in Detroit for the autoshow, so when I get back I will price everything out and see what products I will buy...

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
taco said:
hes gettin a new front bumper and i think a new heat exchanger...he ran into a tree that had fell into the road

damn that sucks, I hadn't heard about that :(

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
EVOVIIIGT said:
Hey Ryan, thanks for all the suggestions!! I will take all those into consideration...I get my mod money in the beginning of Feburuary... So I will prolly order the intake, exhaust, tint the windows, shifter,black headlights, black out the tails...and that should be it... Oh yeh and about the gears, the guy I bought it off of already put 3.73 gears in the car and a MACH 1 suspension, other than those its stock... I am in Detroit for the autoshow, so when I get back I will price everything out and see what products I will buy...

:thumbsup:

EVOVIIIGT

Established Member
Hey quick question guys... My GT is idling weird...It will idle right under 1k for a while then start dipping below 500 rpm's and studdering then it will pick back up to around 1k... I am going to put premium in it and some injector cleaner... Could it be spark plugs???

drivesideways46

Adding opposite lock.
Established Member
I figured I'd check in.

I'm currently up here in Martinsburg, WV and driving a 2000 Mustang GT. It's silver and loud. :-D

I know of a few other Cobra owners around here, but I've never seen kens03cobra. :shrug: I must've just missed you.

Hit me up if you ever want to sell that focus... :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread