Any X3/SF3 gurus out there?

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I recently bought an SCT X3/SF3 tuner from American Muscle (do you know we get a discount?) and was wondering what cool things it can do. I loaded the 91 octane tune and it feels stronger, especially in the midrange. Not quite like a pushrod 5.0, but any improvement in the midrange is welcome to me.

I believe it can turn off the rear O2 sensors, change for gearing, and turn off the knock sensors, but I'm not needing any of those options right now. I'm wondering what other cool things it can do. Or do I just put it back in the box now and store it for when I need to read a code?

fangs99

Established Member
So you got an SF3 or XCAL3 there is a difference. SF3 holds 3 tuns plus 3 custom tuns
XCAL3 only has 3 custom tunes. You have 92/93 oct in your area right? So why not run a higher oct tune?

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
So you got an SF3 or XCAL3 there is a difference. SF3 holds 3 tuns plus 3 custom tuns
XCAL3 only has 3 custom tunes. You have 92/93 oct in your area right? So why not run a higher oct tune?

I'm not sure which one it is since it doesn't have the X3 or SF3 where it should be. It has 3 custom tunes from Bama Tuning. There are some other things in it that I want to learn about but wanted to see what SVTP has knowledgewise.

I'm going to load the 93 tune but wanted to check to make sure the 91 doesn't ping at all. It appears that my mileage has dropped, but that may be due to the increased torque midrange and my eagerness to enjoy it ;-).

fangs99

Established Member
How's the weather over there now? I just left there(Heartselle) on the 16th. I got my SF3 thru A.M. and ran there custom tune for awhile but had a custom dyno tune done locally.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
We were just in Hartselle today. The weather isn't as bad as it was a couple of weeks ago. I'm still looking forward to spring!!! I need to try out a new seal I put in the lake water pump on the boat.

If I ever get a power adder, I'll be looking for a good dyno shop around here. I know the "canned" tunes aren't perfect but I'm impressed w/the additional oomph it gives.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I found out that the Xcal3 and X3 are different. The X3 and SF3 are basically the same. But still no gurus out there? I guess I'll have to play w/the thing and see what it does. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Users who are viewing this thread