Any1 in NJ get the X plan?

92LX5.0

Established Member
Just curious if im the only sap thats being told '' we dont do A or X
plans with any SVT's'' Was Told by Tom's Ford in Keyport

mds370

Established Member
a/x plan

I also ordered my 03 from Tom's. I was actually the first to order. I work for a Ford dealership and I am eligible for D -plan. This will be my 3rd car purchased from them ,first one being a 96 Cobra. Back in 96 Tom's was selling SVTs for MSRP and to date still are.
I'm sure I could have found a dealership to honor my D-plan, but I thought the process of travel and search would have been too much. I have already read stories of dealerships taking back offers of a/x/d plan purchases.
I trust the guys at Tom's and they seem to take good care of me,so I stuck with them.

Cat Breath

Established Member
Just brought home my baby today. On Xplan. It is entirely at the dealerships discretion if they will sell 'on plan'. They make less than if they sold at MSRP, so if they are fairly certain that these cars will sell at MSRP or higher (and they are), they may see no point in cutting you a deal. Most dealers in CO laughed at me when I mentioned Cobra and Xplan in the same sentence. I kept calling and calling dealers though, till I found one that said yes. Be persistant.

92LX5.0

Established Member
thanx for the reply man, does that mean youre paying msrp. Hope u dont mind me asking. Ive never baught a car from there, but I have taken my lx to them for warranty work. I was pretty happy with then.

Terminator03

banned
With x or a plan dealerships cant sell the car past sticker it locks the price to msrp then shaves off the percentage. hardtop cobra x plan = 32,000, convertible cobra x plan = 35,000.

Users who are viewing this thread