Anyboby regret a 93 for a 03 or 04 cobra

Teal93

I have been thinking of selling my teal 93 cobra for a mystic 04 or a black 10th ann 03 cobra. I sure would hate to sell the turboed 93 cobra and get one of these cars and regret it for the rest of my life. Has anyone on here made this mistake? What should I do?

blinelaxd27

Established Member
sell ur wifes car and get an 03/04.... a turbo teal 93 cobra is the shit don't get rid of it.... a red sc 93 cobra is not nearly as cool.... while still really cool lol

Teal93

Well I just bought my freinds 89GT that runs 10's. So I decided to turn down the boost on the cobra retune it on pump gas so I can daily drive it again and just enjoy it. Putting race gas in it all the time just bummed me out so I never drove it. I can tear up the GT instead of the cobra. Now I will just have to keep it another 13 years. One day thow I will have a terminator.

CGoeschel

Established Member
03BlownSnake said:
I sold my 03 to buy my current 93... I don't regret a thing

With the numbers you got today, I wouldnt either!!

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'd never sell my 04 for a 93. ABS, IRS, dual airbags, Mach 460 stereo, etc

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I sold my first '93 to buy an '03 cobra. I had my blood sweat and tears into that '93, Teal, turbo, 622 rwh, roll bar, mid 10's, daily driver, overall an awesome car. I don't regret it at all. Sometimes it's not all about hp. I just needed a nicer car.

However I did miss having a '93. That's why I bought another one. This time it was cleaner and more what I wanted (red/black).

I still wouldn't trade my '03 for a '93, the '03 is better in every way (IMO). But you own an '03 cobra for different reasons than you own a '93 for. The '03 is smoother, quieter, handles better, sexier, and built much better. The '93 is rare, the best fox ever built, simple, cheaper, much easier to work on, unique, more of a muscle car feel. Even though I think the '03 is better, there is still something about the '93's that require me to have one. As if subconsciously I'm drawn to them. This one, I don't think I'm going to let go.

And that is why I have both. It's been said, they're two totally different cars. That couldn't be more true.

Upgrade, you won't regret it. Just start saving your pennys because you'll buy another '93 down the road.

Last edited:

tommygun

Established Member
I sometimes miss my 03 but im a foxbody guy at heart, Ive owned xx of them and have enjoyed everyone of them.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
I sold my first '93 to buy an '03 cobra. I had my blood sweat and tears into that '93, Teal, turbo, 622 rwh, roll bar, mid 10's, daily driver, overall an awesome car. I don't regret it at all. Sometimes it's not all about hp. I just needed a nicer car.

However I did miss having a '93. That's why I bought another one. This time it was cleaner and more what I wanted (red/black).

I still wouldn't trade my '03 for a '93, the '03 is better in every way (IMO). But you own an '03 cobra for different reasons than you own a '93 for. The '03 is smoother, quieter, handles better, sexier, and built much better. The '93 is rare, the best fox ever built, simple, cheaper, much easier to work on, unique, more of a muscle car feel. Even though I think the '03 is better, there is still something about the '93's that require me to have one. As if subconsciously I'm drawn to them. This one, I don't think I'm going to let go.

And that is why I have both. It's been said, they're two totally different cars. That couldn't be more true.

Upgrade, you won't regret it. Just start saving your pennys because you'll buy another '93 down the road.

Very well said!

I had an 04 which I loved and then it was stolen and stripped. I decided to not replace with another one and get a nice daily driver and something nice I could afford for cash.

I stumbled upon the 93 I now own and I just love this car. I miss all the things mentioned but I just love the more bare bones muscle car feel and I get more attention in this car than my 04 could ever wish for.

So far I have been in 3 car shows and won 3 trophies (one of those yesterday), I run 12.1's all day long and I road race it on occasion as well. I could not be happier as it is all purpose(like my 04 was), just far more unique.

If it was my daily driver I would go with an 03-04 though.

Tank5879

Established Member
Very tough call...I sold my perfect teal 93 to buy my mystichrome....still love the 93s and sometimes wish i kept it, but the 04 is a much better car....way more power and comforts....i love the 93s from the back and sides...but im my opinion they are starting to look dated....i do think i will have another one someday though...def wouldnt sell the 04 to buy one though...

svtdriven

Established Member
I don't think I'd sell the 93, especially if you got a beater one like I did for 8k.

I really like the 03/04 cobras, mach 1's, and even the bullitt mustangs. and I will probably pick one of them up at some point.

my next stang is going to be an even older one, most likely a 65-70. I've been pondering the idea of finding a turbo 4 cylinder fox mustang too though.

I'm starting a collection! hehe!

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
My brother (ford_newb) recently decided (this week lol) to sell his '03 in sig for a fox. He wants to build the motor and boost it. Just wants to cut down debts i think. I am not into foxes at all, but if he wants to sell his sick nice newer car for an old one that's all him. Anyone interested in a trade should PM him. This is my first time in the fox section as well. lol.

SVTim

Beer Me!
Established Member
albino96 said:
My brother (ford_newb) recently decided (this week lol) to sell his '03 in sig for a fox. He wants to build the motor and boost it. Just wants to cut down debts i think. I am not into foxes at all, but if he wants to sell his sick nice newer car for an old one that's all him. Anyone interested in a trade should PM him. This is my first time in the fox section as well. lol.

thats me...and yes i am planning on selling my 03 for a fox pretty soon(within a month) anyone interested in working something out?

Users who are viewing this thread