Anybody body in the Coast Guard??

semperfimrn1

Established Member
there anybody in the Coast Guard here on the forum?

i know there are bunch of other branches but was curious on this one.

im intersted in it and would like more info about it..

some might think im in the corps cause of my sn but my initial plan was to do that after college..was talking to a coworker who i had no idea was in the CG..well if law enforcement is my career choice would this be a better fit?

any advice is welcomed!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm in the CG bro. Sorry Sometimes i'm not in this part of the forum for a while.. Anyways as of right now the CG is on lock down. It's well over a year to get in and they are literally trying to force people out due to there being way to many people. With the '11 fiscal budget we are going to have to cut 1300 billets as is and the retention rate is the highest its been in history. There is a new LE rate however, and that would probably be right up your alley. Let me know if you have any questions shoot me a PM or something and I'll give you my email.. :D Take care bro

boatcop1

Established Member
Bump this for another Coastie!

Oh and what he said is pretty true, ashame really. I have been in 11 years now and I have never seen it like this. It will get better eventualy but these things usually take years to recover from. It's too bad we have all the same pay and benefit packages as the other services but we are waaaaaaay smaller. Most CG recruiting offices are getting their numbers within the first 2 weeks of the fiscal year and then :read:

SP

Users who are viewing this thread