Anybody DD their turbo cobra?

OW99

Established Member
So does anybody out there do it?
Or at least put a lot of miles on it and if so, do you have any serious reliability problems?

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
I drive mine as often as I can when I am home around town @14 psi 750hp no problems at all you could DD a turbo cobra no problem.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
My daily driver is not my 4 valve car (black 98), however my daily is my 02 saleen.
It has a 4.6 2 valve engine with the HP twin turbo behind the bumper kit.
I have Precision 5858 ball bearing turbos on it.
It makes over 680rwhp on 17 pounds of boost and pump gas. Averages 14mpg with the T56 and 3.55 gears. I do a lot of city driving with it.

Only issues I've had was the turbo oil pump needed for the low mounted turbos. The pump lasted about 1 year and died. I changed it and it's been fine.

A turbo car is definitely liveable in daily duty just don't expect killer gas mileage! LOL!
If I would keep my foot out of it, it'd probably get at least 15 to 16mpg in my commute.

Ryan

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
I daily mine..3 times a week 60 miles roundtrip to work and then just normal in town driving on weekends etc...no issues whatsoever..17lbs of boost. The only thing that will give me a problem is when it gets 100 plus degree's outside and I want to turn on the A/C which car no likely in stop n go traffic for around 45 minutes...but I think this is more to do with the fact that the coolant pipe goes straight down by the turbo which is obviously very hot....if at cruise I don't have any issues with a/C on even in the heat.

Last edited:

OW99

Established Member
Awesome. Thanks guys! My main concerns were cooling, the possibility of the hotside leaking or falling apart, and the tubular k member. Would you guys trust the cg fab hot side?

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I daily mine..3 times a week 60 miles roundtrip to work and then just normal in town driving on weekends etc...no issues whatsoever..17lbs of boost. The only thing that will give me a problem is when it gets 100 plus degree's outside and I want to turn on the A/C which car no likely in stop n go traffic for around 45 minutes...but I think this is more to do with the fact that the coolant pipe goes straight down by the turbo which is obviously very hot....if at cruise I don't have any issues with a/C on even in the heat.

My black 98 car has a similar problem. Only when running the AC and stopped it will have a little heat issue. Once moving it quickly drops. I think because of the turbos under the hood it creates more heat in addition to the large air to air intercooler in front of the radiator, my 2 puller fans can't quite pull enough cfm to cool it off.

Awesome. Thanks guys! My main concerns were cooling, the possibility of the hotside leaking or falling apart, and the tubular k member. Would you guys trust the cg fab hot side?

My 2 valve car has a large aftermarket radiator and large single puller fan. It does not run hot at all. I run a 180* thermostat in it and it is fine even in the summer with the AC on.
If you have a quality hot side, you should have no problems.
The k-members are fine for daily use, they just transmit a bit more noise than the factory one depending on the bushings, coil over kit, and caster/camber plates you decide to use.

Be aware that you need stainless steel mufflers as turbo cars generate a lot of moisture and can quickly rot out a set of non-stainless mufflers.
I had that problem with a set of DynoMax mufflers and replaced them with Magnaflows on my black 98 car. I run the SLP LM1 mufflers on my 2 valve car.

Ryan

OW99

Established Member
My 2 valve car has a large aftermarket radiator and large single puller fan. It does not run hot at all. I run a 180* thermostat in it and it is fine even in the summer with the AC on.
If you have a quality hot side, you should have no problems.
The k-members are fine for daily use, they just transmit a bit more noise than the factory one depending on the bushings, coil over kit, and caster/camber plates you decide to use.

Be aware that you need stainless steel mufflers as turbo cars generate a lot of moisture and can quickly rot out a set of non-stainless mufflers.
I had that problem with a set of DynoMax mufflers and replaced them with Magnaflows on my black 98 car. I run the SLP LM1 mufflers on my 2 valve car.

Ryan
Thankyou! You pretty much answered all my questions.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Here's a quick vid I did this week.
Multi angles using my gopro cameras and quick editing.
This is my daily driver. Completely drivable everyday without issue.

NOTE - The Toyo R888's are the best dual purpose tire I've ever owned!

Ryan

[youtube_browser]woPPy2FsqO8&list=UUdPH1TAqS79RfCPb9MALUHg&index=1[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
Mine is a daily driver. Sit in traffic for little over an hour each way to work every single day. 842rwhp on pump

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
DD my car almost every day in the summer. No issues what's so ever. If you don't get on the boost it is actually fairly decent on gas lol

RussZTT

Established Member
Damn you must be damn close to the limit of 93 (assuming that's what your running) how many psi are you running?
Im not pushing it anymore ha! I actually ran out of injector before hitting the limit of 93. That was at 19psi with 60# injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread