Anybody else here have a VA home loan?

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
So I received a letter tonight from the VA that starts with:

"Dear Sir/Madam:

Your mortgage company has notified us that you have fallen behind on your home loan payments..."

A few issues here:

A) My mortgage automatically comes out every month.
B) Every single payment has posted, as per my bank statement.

So I called my mortgage company, and they confirmed that indeed, I have never been late on any payments, ever. What they also told me that apparently, they have been getting calls like mine all week from irate veterans who got the same exact letter. Apparently, the VA had some "coding issues."

Just a heads up to other VA Loan homeowners.

The VA office was closed for the night by the time I checked my mail, so I plan on calling them tomorrow. I'll try to refrain from calling them incompetent morons, but will probably fail.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Thanks for the heads up! I haven't heard anything like that from them yet but I'll keep an eye out.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I just got off the phone with the VA Loan center in St. Louis, and according to the VA rep I spoke with, this was an issue with my mortgage company (Sun West) reporting their VA loans wrong.

The mortgage company is required to report loan status to the VA, and Sun West apparently mis-reported their VA loans, which automatically generated the letter. So unless one of you is with Sun West Mortgage Company, you likely won't receive the erroneous letter.

Of course, the a-hole from the mortgage company last night blamed the VA, and the VA blames them. It's ***king no one's fault, I guess.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I have a mortgage through Citimortgage, which has been awesome to deal with for over 8 years now, and one through Freedom Mortgage, which despite their horrible reputation has not given me any issues so far.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I haven't had any issues yet, I bank with USAA they've been great. I'll keep an eye out though.

einehund

Established Member
You get your mortgage through USAA as well? I've heard HORROR stories about their mortgage group... Banking is on point through! I love it.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
My wife and I currently each have a VA loan, one on current house and one on rental property. I have never received a letter like you did but I get tons of calls from some type of VA program asking me to refinance. I also receive about 3-4 letters a week saying the same thing.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
You get your mortgage through USAA as well? I've heard HORROR stories about their mortgage group... Banking is on point through! I love it.
Yep. It was a awesome super smooth experience. Love them. Have them for banking investments insurance mortgage etc. literally everything I do is through them. It's so simple. Never had one issue with them

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

The people I dealt with when I got my mortgage through them seemed to not understand time lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
My wife and I currently each have a VA loan, one on current house and one on rental property. I have never received a letter like you did but I get tons of calls from some type of VA program asking me to refinance. I also receive about 3-4 letters a week saying the same thing.
***king tell me about it.

I get just about a letter a day about getting a refi. I actually started getting them almost the day after I closed on my original loan two years ago.

I say "original loan," because I actually responded to one of these mailers and managed to bring my loan down from 4.0% 30yrs fixed to a 3.25% 30yrs fixed.

In about a year or so, once I get a couple of big loans out of the way, I plan on getting another refi for a 15yr fixed (if the market is still good), which hopefully allows me to bring that percentage even lower. I wish I could do it in this market, as I've seen refis advertised for as low 1.75% on a 15yr fixed.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine is through citi, they have been good, no issues. As with others, I get a handful of mailers to refi my loan every week

Users who are viewing this thread