Anybody elses cobra emblems backwards?

TJS95Cobra

Established Member
Just bought a bone stock 01 Cobra 2 weeks ago and noticed the snakes on the fenders are backwards (mouth is facing rear of car). Looked at my 03 cobra and those are facing forwards and looked at other pictures of members cars and noticed all are facing forward. Also its a coupe but it has the button to put the top down in on the console???? Do i have some one of a kind (screw up) or something? (Yes its a real cobra since i have the cert. from SVT and it has a clean title). Just curious

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
seems like it was in a wreck and they changed out some interior parts with a conv. and re-painted.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Maybe these cobras will be worth more down the road for this mistake?

TJS95Cobra

Established Member
cobraetti said:
:shrug: ,did you confirm the vin#

Yeah I confirmed the vin#...it all checks out and the car has never been in a wreck...just ran a car fax....I just find it a little strange that the emblems are backwards and there is a convertible button....?

Mt Twigbert

Established Member
A buddies 04 Cobra had that too.. Its pretty strange.. Maybe the person on the line had a hang over that day.. And many other days too seeing its on different year cars..

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Three explanations:

1). The car had to be painted for some reason that wasn't reported to insurance like it got keyed or bicycle scratch in the garage, and after paint the body shop put the emblems on backwards by mistake.

2). The folks on the assembly line did this as a gag to see how many Mustang junkies would run around chasing their tales over this "mistake".

3). The previous owner of the car switched them just to mess w/ people's heads.

. . . my money is on #3!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i know it's not a huge deal, but if i got my car with backwards badges that would be the first thing i would switch. i would most definitely want them facing forward like they're supposed to.

asiancobra

PSN: new_edge_cobra
Established Member
REX-RACER said:
Three explanations:

1). The car had to be painted for some reason that wasn't reported to insurance like it got keyed or bicycle scratch in the garage, and after paint the body shop put the emblems on backwards by mistake.

2). The folks on the assembly line did this as a gag to see how many Mustang junkies would run around chasing their tales over this "mistake".

3). The previous owner of the car switched them just to mess w/ people's heads.

. . . my money is on #3!
#2 sounds legit:D

TJS95Cobra

Established Member
99riocobra said:
i know it's not a huge deal, but if i got my car with backwards badges that would be the first thing i would switch. i would most definitely want them facing forward like they're supposed to.
How hard is it to take them off and switch it?

01 Venom

Established Member
wow thats interesting, they are just double side taped on, should be able to get em off with some heat and lovin.

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
I had to go check mine...they're facing front, but I too have the vert top down switch on the console. Good thing because it is a vert!

Users who are viewing this thread