Anybody got a Ford X or D plan pin they can spare?

CMcCarthy

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm about to buy an Edge to replace my wife's Grand Cherokee, and I was hoping one of you might have an X or D plan pin you could square me away with. Any help is appreciated.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Tell them youll take it for 500 over invoice, or youll walk. Sometimes you can talk them down to a better price than the X will get you.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If they are selling like hotcakes, the dealer does not have to accept X plan. So, if they can sell it for more, they will.

CMcCarthy

Established Member
The dealer will accept plan purchases, I already checked. Remember that plan purchases are subsidized, so the dealer still makes plenty of money. Only when they are selling a vehicle for over sticker (GT-500) do they usually balk at plan purchases.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
On X-plan the dealer does not make plenty of money. If the vehicle is selling like hotcakes and they are getting close to MSRP, X-plan will not give them as much profit as selling it under those circumstances.

musclefan21

Established Member
Yes, FordSVTfan is correct. Dealers DO NOT have to accpet plans! it is all up to them. and there are some cars that comes from the factory without plan like thunderbirds. when they remade them, ford said no A,D,Z,X plan on those vehicles.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
CMcCarthy said:
Its extremely hard to get a deal on Edges. They are selling like hotcakes all over the country.

Not around here in WV. The local dealers in this area have plenty on their lots and at 27,000 - $36,000 a piece I can see why. When you can buy a full size 4 door 4x4 GMC/Chevy for under $25,000.00 at the same dealership why buy the EDGE. It was love at first sight for me and the Edge but the sticker shock set me flying back. No way am I going to spend that kind of money on something I can't tow my car/trailer with.

CMcCarthy

Established Member
musclefan21 said:
Yes, FordSVTfan is correct. Dealers DO NOT have to accpet plans! it is all up to them. and there are some cars that comes from the factory without plan like thunderbirds. when they remade them, ford said no A,D,Z,X plan on those vehicles.

Thanks for clarifying a point I wasn't disputing. As I noted, I called my dealer to verify they will accept X plan on Edges and they will.

Users who are viewing this thread