Anybody have an Acadia Denali?

99GTvert

Established Member
My girlfriend's dad is looking to get one. He is very impulsive, just came home one day and decided he wants one. Any experience with them? I checked them out and they seem ok for what they are. Anything similar he should check out? I want him to look at the new Explorer before he does anything. My chief at work just got one it's pretty nice. Any other suggestions?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
parents have one and like it so far. Only drove in it one weekend when we were all together for a family trip. I liked it and it was roomy for its size.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
One of the known issues is the timing chain. It may be fixed for 2012, not sure...My wife's 09 needed the chain replaced as it stretched within 30k miles. The motors has to be dropped to replace the chain. I was pissed...Great vehicle other than that

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
^was that a joke? 30k and it needs timing chains? even the shittiest of companys cant **** up something that simple.

OP stay away, far far away. there is a reason isuzu doesnt make cars in the US any longer.

oh and if anyone tried to tell me it isnt isuzu needs to be remove of all testicular amenities.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
^was that a joke? 30k and it needs timing chains? even the shittiest of companys cant **** up something that simple.

No joke, it's well documented. Not sure what percentage of Acadia's needed timing chains but it's for real. Mine was fixed 2 years ago under warranty and the vehicle has been solid ever since. I would purchase another

Users who are viewing this thread