Anybody have the tick come back?

kj385

Established Member
Anybody have the tick come back after having their head replaced? I've now had two new motors get the tick after 2-3k miles. But I've been shy of getting the "new" head yet if it's going to come back any way.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I had my head replaced over the summer, and have not had the tick since. :thumbsup: Haven't heard anyone say it came back with the new head.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I have had a little over a thousand miles since having my head replaced. No return of the "tick" -Knock on Wood-

tommygun

Established Member
I guess Im the only person who had it come back...came back 750miles after the cyl head was replaced, call made to SVT and was told to take it back to the dealer the car had the work done. I had an appt for the following monday, but on sunday I had a very serious motor failure but now they arent covering my car under warranty.

StreetSnake

Established Member
Heads replaced? What is going on here guys? Was there a recall? Is is conditional? Fill in the new guys please. Thanks

DesertLightning do a search on engine tick, plenty of reading:beer:

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Mine is going in when my new head gets here. Keeping my fingers crossed. Only problem I have with my car is the ticking and I am ready to get rid of it.

tommygun

Established Member
Tick returned and ended up with some piston damage on the #7 piston and cyl wall. They are just ****ing me

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by tommygun
Tick returned and ended up with some piston damage on the #7 piston and cyl wall. They are just ****ing me
What reason are they giving for not honoring the warranty? Do you have obvious mods (blower pulley/chip) or something?

-Greg

tommygun

Established Member
they have told me its not mod related (car is stock at the dealer w/ just exhaust on it) that they couldnt find anything wrong with workmanship or material but they cant prove what caused the piston damage. They just wont fix it, so im going to fight them thru the DSB and go from there it just sucks cause I have nothing else to drive

Users who are viewing this thread