anybody have this headlight set?

Blind

Established Member
fd94mt-13099hcx.jpg

if so, could you post pictures of them on your car?

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member
The only thing that looks different to me than the stock ones on a Cobra are the sidemarkers. They are a little clearer. Are they different?

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Kinda ugly IMO. I know someone does have them here though... He posts in this section so he should see this sooner or later and post up the pics..

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
I have them they are DEPO lights.
P1010054-1.jpg

Edit: Mine are not exactly like the one's you pictured but you get an idea. Those bulbs I don't have either. I have Silverstar Ultras and they do a decent job....for now.

Have a link for those you posted in pic?

Last edited:

Blind

Established Member
no I'm still trying to decide what would look best on my car, I want as stock looking as possible, but don't want to pay $250 for stock head+corner lights, I'll see what I can find for depo brand sets.

anything is better than what my car came with...
DSCN2133Large.jpg

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
My Depo's are very similar to those but they came with different corners...

BlackHousing.jpg

DeathEater11.jpg

DeathEater9.jpg

DeathEater8.jpg

I had Depo projectors for a few days before I sold them that had the same corners as the set you're looking at...

Front.jpg

RightCorner.jpg

Dekorum

Established Member
I have the same question about another headlight set, and I didn't want to create another similar thread so I will post here.

Anyone have this headlight set?
9e_1_b.JPG

They are only $130 including shipping. So the price is good, but I am not sure how they will look on our cars because they don't have the horizontal lines that cobra headlights are known to have.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Dekorum said:
I have the same question about another headlight set, and I didn't want to create another similar thread so I will post here.

Anyone have this headlight set?
9e_1_b.JPG

They are only $130 including shipping. So the price is good, but I am not sure how they will look on our cars because they don't have the horizontal lines that cobra headlights are known to have.

It'll look fine... Mine don't have the horizontal lines either.. I don't even notice it.

Though in a few months I'm gonna swap it out for the Depo's that Citotti posted... I had those on my last Cobra and they looked siiiick!

Dekorum

Established Member
Ciotti said:

Those are awesome headlights. How much and where did you get those? Have they been letting condensation/water in? How long have you had them on the car for?

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
I had them for over a year with no problems at all. No water got in, no condensation... nothing. I got mine off eBay. I just went through all of the 94-98 headlights until I found them.. It was around $160 shipped. The only problem I had with them was with the corner lamps. I had to push them in pretty far in order for the nut to be locked onto the bolt well enough. I ended up pulling off the weatherstripping piece on both corner lamps as well. Didn't look as bad tucked in.. And it didn't change what effect the weather had on it either.

IMG_0066.gif

Dekorum

Established Member
Do you have any more pics of the car? Those are the ones that I posted a pic of right? They are like $130 on ebay.

Dekorum

Established Member
I finally found the headlights on ebay that I have really been meaning to ask about. I thought I lost them forever.. I had headlights on my mind today.
These are also $130.
fd94mt-1436hcx.jpg

They have the horizontal lines on the headlights and smoothly into the corners. I really want to see how these look on a car, and I would love to know if these have that stupid condensation problem.. :shrug:

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Dekorum said:
I finally found the headlights on ebay that I have really been meaning to ask about. I thought I lost them forever.. I had headlights on my mind today.
These are also $130.
fd94mt-1436hcx.jpg

They have the horizontal lines on the headlights and smoothly into the corners. I really want to see how these look on a car, and I would love to know if these have that stupid condensation problem.. :shrug:

Those are them.. I liked them a lot better because the corner lamps had that condom type thing over the bulbs. At night they looked badass :) If you don't buy them, then I will. LOL. Here's a few more pics of when I had em. I have more but I don't want to hi-jack the thread, hah.

IMG_0070.gif

IMG_0069.gif

Dekorum

Established Member
Haha! Awesome dude. What headlights do you have now, cause you keep saying "when I had them"? Originally you told me you didn't have the horizontal lines on your headlights either, but you do. These
fd94mt-1436hcx.jpg
have the lines and these
9e_1_b.JPG
clearly do not have the lines.
Show me more pics of yours, cause I can't even see them close up enough to tell which ones you actually have. Go ahead and hi-jack the thread, lol.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
You guys found the exact lights I have from the exact Ebay seller I bought them from, Makoto Auto Trends.

They have been on for over a year now and they are still perfectly clear and have never gotten any condensation, though I did use clear household sealer on the main seal to beef it up as soon as I got them just to be extra safe.

Dekorum

Established Member
Heh. I found it... Makoto Auto Trends is awesome. I am definitely getting those lights soon. But Ciotti, are those the Makoto's in the first pictures you posted? You said they were Depo's.. If not, do you have any current pics of your car with the Makoto's?

Users who are viewing this thread