Anybody have trouble with their lock actuators?

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
I bought the truck with a broken passenger side actuator, so I replaced it, and now the replacement is broken! What gives? Has anyone else had this problem? These pics are the best I can do without my digital cam.
Here is a pic of what the internals of the actuator looks like with everything in place:
img103.gif

and a pic of the piece that broke:
img104.gif

and another with the piece removed:
img102.gif

since the stock ones and the aftermarket ones aren't holding up, I'm thinking of fabricating an aluminum piece to replace the broken one. Have you guys had to deal with this problem, and if so, what did you do to fix it?
Thanks,
-Joshua

nielsio

Luving the sun here!
Established Member
I bought the truck with both not working. Ordered some new ones from Steve (svtparts guy) and never had any issues with them since!

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
nielsio said:
I bought the truck with both not working. Ordered some new ones from Steve (svtparts guy) and never had any issues with them since!
Yeah, I may have to go that route. Do you recall how much $ one was?
thanks
-Joshua

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
chuchomula said:
How dificult are they to change? I need to change both.
pop the door covers off, unbolt the three torx bolts (side of the door by locking mechanism), undo a few connecting rods, unplug the two plugs, then just manipulate it out of the TIGHT crevice, from there you can figure out how to take the actuator off the assembly. It took me 10 minutes to take one out...be sure to take a mental picture of the connections before disassembling.
I could probably do both in about 30 minutes, but if it's your first time, it may take 45.
-Joshua

nielsio

Luving the sun here!
Established Member
Can't remember the $ I paid for them....I think around 150 but just to be sure sent svtparts a msg. He'll be able to hook you up quick!

I sent them out to a car audio install shop....those guys were done with it pretty quick and only charged $25 to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread