Anybody in So. Cal with a 2013 Std GT500

Traincollector

Established Member
I've never owned a new Ford. I rode in a 2013 GT500 with the PP pkg, but I would like to experience the ride quality of the standard suspension. I don't like the black wheels, and I will probably do some drag racing at Famoso Raceway at least once a month. If I decide to order a GT500 I am leaning towards Recaro seats as the only option. Deep Impact Blue with stripe delete. I will probably have the wheels chromed, an extra set of 19" wheels for the rear widened to 11" so I can run a 345-30-19 on the rear. I also plan on a JLT intake, CobraJet TB, American Racing Headers, catted x-pipe, Tune, lower pulley, Barton shifter and 4.10 gears. My current ride is a 2004 SRT-10 Ram (NA stock engine, with exhaust and tune, plus lightweight mods, runs 11.63 @ 118). I'm known as "Trainman" over on the Viper forums, but that name was taken when I joined this forum. I currently also have a stock 2006 GTO 6-speed (47,000 miles) that I will be selling. I have really been impressed with the power of the stock GT500's and with little mods, the huge increases. Please someone help me decide as the dealer here in Bakersfield is only getting 2 cars and both are sold, and most dealers won't let you test drive them. Sorry if this is a little wordy. I will be getting Social Security for the first time (Aug. I'll be 66) so I'm getting a $2300 raise, so time for a new toy. I'm keeping the Ram. So anybody in Central or Southern Cal with a 2013 GT500 without the PP Package please PM me so we can meet up. Thanks! Jerry

Zeroescence

Established Member
Nice guy. I took him for a ride in my 13, glad he's still looking to get the GT500 after the little ride with me. Recaros for the win. Hope you find a willing driver to take you on a drive in a standard suspension 13. Nice meeting you and good luck on your future purchase.

notch5.0

Established Member
I've never owned a new Ford. I rode in a 2013 GT500 with the PP pkg, but I would like to experience the ride quality of the standard suspension. I don't like the black wheels, and I will probably do some drag racing at Famoso Raceway at least once a month. If I decide to order a GT500 I am leaning towards Recaro seats as the only option. Deep Impact Blue with stripe delete. I will probably have the wheels chromed, an extra set of 19" wheels for the rear widened to 11" so I can run a 345-30-19 on the rear. I also plan on a JLT intake, CobraJet TB, American Racing Headers, catted x-pipe, Tune, lower pulley, Barton shifter and 4.10 gears. My current ride is a 2004 SRT-10 Ram (NA stock engine, with exhaust and tune, plus lightweight mods, runs 11.63 @ 118). I'm known as "Trainman" over on the Viper forums, but that name was taken when I joined this forum. I currently also have a stock 2006 GTO 6-speed (47,000 miles) that I will be selling. I have really been impressed with the power of the stock GT500's and with little mods, the huge increases. Please someone help me decide as the dealer here in Bakersfield is only getting 2 cars and both are sold, and most dealers won't let you test drive them. Sorry if this is a little wordy. I will be getting Social Security for the first time (Aug. I'll be 66) so I'm getting a $2300 raise, so time for a new toy. I'm keeping the Ram. So anybody in Central or Southern Cal with a 2013 GT500 without the PP Package please PM me so we can meet up. Thanks! Jerry

Hi Jerry - Mopar to ya!

Probably the best way to find the car you want with just the options you want, is to call Ford Customer Service or SVT, and inquire about 2013 GT500s with those exact options, that are either already in dealer stock, in transit or
scheduled to built soon.

There are several threads on this message that detail the call process.

If Chris sees this thread perhaps he can lend some hints/tips on the process of locating that car you desire.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Hi Jerry!

You have great taste (DIB no stripe)

In so-cal I don't expect any dealers to be dealing on this car.

Your best bet is to start making phone calls.

I started two threads over the last few months

1- how to not pay an ADM
2- a thread that outlined with links- search results for GT500s on the ground.

I'm on tapatalk so maybe someone else can link?

Most dealers are aware of their 2nd and further allocations by now. You may have to travel- but you can probably place an order and expect to see it in 6-10weeks- depending upon the dealers pecking order (of which none is us can figure out)

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions

notch5.0

Established Member
Try cars.com - do a search, new cars, keyword='2013 GT500'

Also autotrader.com - same search.

Most GT500s are ordered by dealerships with many options, so expect it to be difficult to find a No - or low - option GT500.

Also, call Ford customer service to find a car to your specs.

Worst case - wait for a few months and you will find your car, probably at discount!

Users who are viewing this thread