Anybody install the zex window switch

heetstroke

Established Member
I am getting ready to install my zex nitrous kit and want to make sure I am understanding the window switch. with the zex kit I tap in to the white wire on the tps sensor correct? And the I tap into that with the window switch i am a little confused :shrug:
Any help will greatly be appreciated

xcobra04x

New mustang being built..
Established Member
Man, I'm in the same boat as you. I've been searching/calling/asking everywhere and no luck. I think I'm just going to have to call DynoTune on monday and ask them.

The instructions are good, but the window switch doesn't say if you need to splice into the original nitrous wires. The thing is, is that the standard wiring for the window switch looks exactly the same as the standard wiring on the nitrous wiring. I'll provide pictures.
If you look at the two and compare them, it looks like as if you need to splice the window switch into the nitrous wires. The relay from the window switch is the same in the nitrous wiring except, the harness plug is plugged into the relay and I think you might have to splice into the wires from the harness. Thats the only thought I can come up with. But I dont want to make any rash decisions just yet. Also, I bought the raptor shift light and you have to splice into the Tach input wire in the ECC box but you also have to splice the window switch into the tach input wire so I'm wondering if you can splice both of them if not together then either into the same tach wire since there's only one, as long as you use different ground wires to mount the two?? While your down there you also have to splice into the TPS input wire which is right next to the Tach input wire which is supposed to be pin 89, the grey w/white stripe wire. I'm also wondering about how to find another 12 volt source when the car is (on). I do have a multi-meter but I'm not sure of how to go about finding a 12volt source since my ECC is all apart and the battery is not hooked up and all kinds of crap.

Nitrous wiring instructions.
DSCN0089.jpg

Window switch wiring instructions.
DSCN0090.jpg

Here's a pic of them by eachother.
DSCN0091.jpg

Any help found/known would be greatly appreciated as well here too!!!

I hope this helps you in some way, but I'm lost too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread