anybody is running 30 inch rear tire?

bob450

Established Member
hi i was thinking buying a 315/60R15 (30 X 13.50R15) et street i have a auto car with 3:55 i was thinking using boss intake and 3 first gear... do you know if it will rub with cobra jet spring 13 ?:shrug:
thank:banana:

KrisR

Established Member
I know at least one person (kdanner) is using a 30x9 stiff-sidewall slick. He has 3.31s and is crossing at the top of 3rd (automatic car), but his car traps close to 130 also.

Edit: Here's a quote from another forum:

Made the first hits tonight and made some progress with it. Air was garbage, 2800' DA and 128 water grains so no big expectations. Suspension is very free compared to the previous stuff, and I'm really glad I put those 30" tires on there or I would never make it through in 3rd gear. Considering the conditions coupled with the 3.31/30" tire I can live with the 1.57 60' right now. Car is pretty much doing what I want in the front, nice pitch rotation due to being quick on the rebound, then keeping the weight on the drive tires with slow compression. Rear needs just a little squat tuned out and I think it will be good too, probably have to make my own lower axle brackets as I don't want to make a very large change. I haven't gotten to the point of playing with tire pressure yet, but it was very solid all night at 22PSI so I will try more the next time. Best was [email protected] so I think real potential for sub 10.50 when the air comes around.

And a pic:
1276692_441094389328834_1032448708_o.jpg

He said in another post that he removed the springs and put the tires on to see if the tires would rub with the car bottomed out on the bump stops and they did not rub.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread