Anybody know about this SHO?

Mr. Green

Established Member
rage1.jpg

rage2.jpg

rage5.jpg

rage6.jpg

I guess they call it the SHO rage, any specs?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
It was concept I think right before the Gen III SHO came out. Can't remember any specs on it. I wanna say it was supposed to be supercharged.

Mullet

Established Member
thats a gen 3 with the rage body kit. There was a guy a month or so back on shoforum that was trying to start a group buy to sell them. Dont know what happend with it tho.

CKYlndSpd21

Established Member
You can kind of tell that it was made before the III gen SHO because look at the tail lights they dont go all the way around the trunk.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> Mullet: There was a guy...that was trying to start a group buy to sell them.

Did they ever release the concept for public consumption? Looks good...

Mullet

Established Member
I dont know the exact details, im sure someone on www.shoforum.com would but i am pretty sure there was a company that was going to produce that body kit if they had enough people interested. I remember one of the main drawbacks that people didnt want it was it wasnt made of a strong enough material or something like that.

O2OnFire

That guy was me :-D

It ended up falling through because although I had over 20 people say they wanted it, we couldn't get 10 to actually pay us for the group buy. By then I was so frustrated with it, school, and work, I gave up.

The Rage was a supercharged SHO concept. And as far as the taillights, even the SHO's don't wrap all the way around the trunk, fyi.

If anyone is interested in a body kit for this generation Taurus, there may still be hope. Visit www.tauruscarclub.com/forum and find the aesthetics section. There are a couple of threads, one for the rage concept and one for a knock-off of an Avenger kit.

Later,
O2 :coolman:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I have question about this cars picture being taken before the Gen III''s came out. My 99 SHO has the same tail lights (all red except reverse lense) as this car. A 98 SHO I looked at also has these "all red tail light lenses. I am right now looking at a road test of a 96 SHO in a Car and Driver magazine. The 96 SHO has amber out on the end where the lenses wrap around the rear quarter as does a 97 SHO. This leads me to believe that this picture was taken in 98 or later since these tail light lenses didn't appear on these cars until 1998. Also there was some mention of the lights not wrapping around enough. These lights on this cool looking Rage look exactly like my 99 lights. The sister car Mercury Sable had the tail lights that wrapped around the side much further. That Rage car looks REAL COOL!!

Robert

ibanezfreeek

It is a known fact that all gen 3 SHO models have a body colored light bar (which is traditionally a blackish brown color on any other gen 3) This was just one of the few things added to be able to distinguish between the SHO and the v6 taurii. Also, SHO's usually have a smaller spoiler than the v6's, it is only about 2-3 feet long placed in the center. All of the bumpers and skirts are slightly different as well.

ibanezfreeek

heres a pic of another SHO w/ the colored light bar, and the small spoiler, the light bar is exactly the same as the v6 taurii with the exeption that it is painted.
shohitch007.jpg

If you look here, you'l see the regular light bar, and the regular spoiler,
8.jpg

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
That looks like the rear of my 99SHO except my car is black and my taillights are completely red (no amber) out on the outer ends. Unlike that white car pictured above. All the 98-99SHO's that I have seen have red only taillights. That was what I was talking about in that Rage picture, no early amber taillights.

Robert

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Another difference I have noticed is the front bumper cover on a 99SHO or Taurus for that matter does not have the rectangle tag area molded into the front rubber like the 98 and earlier cars have. The front rubber cover on the 99 looks the same smooth contour from right to left with 2 dimples in the center area of the rubber to be used to mount a front tag if desired. This is a quick way to i.d. a 99. The tail light are a quick way to i.d. the 96-97 and the 98-99.

Robert

CKYlndSpd21

Established Member
Originally posted by O2OnFire

The Rage was a supercharged SHO concept. And as far as the taillights, even the SHO's don't wrap all the way around the trunk, fyi.

opps sorry i guess i never really paid that much attention to the SHOs taillights

ibanezfreeek

well, actually, they do wrap all the way around the trunk like the other models, they are just painted the color of the car in the middle, but its still all one piece.

Users who are viewing this thread