Anybody puts lowering springs on the rear only?

O4COBRA

Established Member
Everybody has been saying that they have trouble with bottoming out with springs all the way around!! But I was wondering if anyone has only put lowering springs in the rear to even things out a bit, the factory higher in the back and lower in the front bugs me a little!! Just wondering if you think it would look ok, any performance problems you think!! Also, any pics are welcome if this has been done!! Thanks guys and gals!!! :idea:

71stang99

Established Member
had the H&R in the front and rear, replaced the fronts with the MM coilovers and enjoyed the car much better, for me the front was way too slammed and if I didnt purchase the coilovers I would have put the factory stockers back on...

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
The OEM stance is higher in the back versus front so as to accomodate additional weight. In other words when you sit inside the car along with a passenger and throw some groceries in the trunk, then both front and rear will have the same height.

O4COBRA

Established Member
I know why it does that, I just don't like!! I don't ever use it for anything that I would need that stance, I just wondered what you guys would think!! Thanks

03'Darin

Established Member
I put the Eibach's in my car and don't like how they turned out. The factory stance of the car already had the raked look where the front sat lower than the rear. When I put the Eibach's in the car dropped 1/2" further in the front than the rear. This just magnified the already raked look of the car. To top that off now my cats drag all over the place, partly do to the poor ass design of BBK not bending the pipe correctly to fit up against the body.

I have considered putting the stock front springs back in the car because I think that ride height would be perfect. My only concern is with the different spring rates. how the car would handle. That combo should give the car more bite in the front end, which it needs.

Darin

hmwave

Established Member
I have the rear Eibach's in mine right now but have still to fit the fronts (ran out of time at the weekend).
Seems to handle fine.

Will be fitting the fronts soon.

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by hmwave
I have the rear Eibach's in mine right now but have still to fit the fronts (ran out of time at the weekend).
Seems to handle fine.

Will be fitting the fronts soon.

Can you take some pictures before you install the fronts? I think the stock fronts and the Eibach rears should give the perfect ride height......for what I'm looking for. I want the car to sit flat AND have a little ground clearance so my exhaust doesn't rub everywhere.

Darin

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by 03'Darin
I have considered putting the stock front springs back in the car because I think that ride height would be perfect. My only concern is with the different spring rates. how the car would handle. That combo should give the car more bite in the front end, which it needs.

Darin

I thought the Eibachs had the same spring rates, just shorter.

grnenvy

Established Member
You can pull the back springs and cut a little less then a half of a coil off and that will fix your problem. That won't hurt the car so don't let anyone tell you that it could. Make sure you cut the big end of the spring and you can use a wizzard or grinder to do that. Just make sure you don't use a torch that will hurt the spring. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread