ANYBODY RECOGNIZE THE INTAKE ON MY 98 COBRA?

mustangmad

Established Member
I just bought this car and have no idea where this intake came from. There's no name or logo on it anywhere. Ideas?

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
You want to post a picture of it?

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

mustangmad

Established Member
I'd love to but I've reached the limits of my technical expertise. I can email a pic but this isn't the easiest place to post pics.

mustangmad

Established Member
20170207_151813 (640x360).jpg

Recon

Established Member
Man that looks like a rare Australian Boss 260/290 intake, but that might not be it. Issue is that intake is for a DOHC 5.4L not a DOHC 4.6L.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

cobralvr01

Established Member
Based on the clearance of your heads with the master cylinder, I'd wager you actually have a 5.4 4v in there from a Navigator w/ Cobra heads and the Australian Boss intake. Looking at it closely, I'm fairly certain that's what it is. Congrats on the pickup man! Just google 5.4L 4v Navigator motor and you'll find the small details that'll prove that's the same motor. Some people will go with this swap who are shooting for gobs of torque. The 5.4L doesn't make a lot of hp with the Navi heads on it, but IIRC, you can swap out the C-heads and that's when the Australian Boss intake comes in.

Last edited:

mustangmad

Established Member
Thanks for the info everyone. After some research = this is a Birdman Cobra built when he was here in SW Fla. I would really like to contact him as I've lots of questions re the car.

The car is in beautiful condition - paint appears to be original and in very good shape. Leather seats in excellent shape. Car shows 55K miles.
Lots of mods to the chassis, frame connectors, upper/lower control arms, 04 Cobra A-arms, Sportline springs, etc.

I've rebuilt/replaced/upgraded the brakes - calipers, Powerstop rotors and pads, SS front hoses,etc.

Now if I could just find this Birdman guy.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
I think he is gone from the boards. What questions did you have? Maybe the previous owner might see them.

-Mark

mustangmad

Established Member
I'd really like to contact the PO re origin of the car, get as much history as possible. Looks to me like the car has been parked for awhile. The guy I bought it from let it sit for a year. He bought it from CarMax store that took it on trade(?) in Naples, Fl.
Any info appreciated.

Jamesxr8

Banned Kangaroo Asshole
Definitely from an xr8 ford falcon from aus.
Im wantimg to swap my inta,e manifold from my 5.4 boss 290 dohc, can anyone tell me if tbe cobra gt500 intake manifold will bolt straight on to my heads, if not is tnere something else from tne states that will.
Cheerz

Users who are viewing this thread