Anybody recognize this Car?

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
A member of ours over at MustangEvolution.com recently purchased a car and came across some pretty interesting stuff. I was going to see if by some weird chance if you have come across the car in your life or know any details on it. He's found a pretty interesting bit in the car after looking further into it.....(see pictures below) Let me know.

He said "The car originally came from Tennessee that really all I know a guy bought it at auction so there really isn't a solid foundation from where it came from it for sure had a supercharger also but there is only 250 or so of these cars in these colors I think true blue convertable with parchment interior. Umm that's all I know if you could come up with anything at all I'd appreciate it "

photo-2.jpg

photo-1-1.gif

This is what they have found since the inspection:
photo-2-1.jpg

See the thread over here: Possible bad news ;( - Page 2 - General Car Discussion

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't know the car. But tell the owner he doesn't have to swap out the fuel system just because he doesn't have a supercharger. Have a good tuner put a new tune on it and he'll be fine. More then likely the EGR was turned off in the tune if the pieces are missing. Trying to save him a few bucks.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
I don't know the car. But tell the owner he doesn't have to swap out the fuel system just because he doesn't have a supercharger. Have a good tuner put a new tune on it and he'll be fine. More then likely the EGR was turned off in the tune if the pieces are missing. Trying to save him a few bucks.

Yea, thanks for noting that. I didn't notice he was thinking that about the fuel system.

93LxTasY

Established Member
Yes he does and this is John Morgan. Cost of tuner and tune is more than to just put back in it what belongs. It has a tune in it and the EGR is not turned off...the parts aren't missing, they are cut off and sucking fresh air.

Last edited:

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
Yes he does and this is John Morgan. Cost of tuner and tune is more than to just put back in it what belongs. It has a tune in it and the EGR is not turned off...the parts aren't missing, they are cut off and sucking fresh air.

Answers my question. I knew i had seen this car in town.

93LxTasY

Established Member
Some Info on the cobra: First owner name Pat Kestner, had a fuel pump assembly installed under warranty at 8543 miles and an IAC at 27363. Both were done in Arlington Heights, IL. Arlington Heights Ford just north of Chicago.

Users who are viewing this thread