Anybody running a VMP Gen 3 and their new TBs?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I pulled the trigger on the Gen III over the weekend. I just got the throttle body adapter for the time being. I want to hear more driving impressions on the new monoblade units. I've already got the big Whipple eliptical that would seem to fit on the VMP adapter without much, if any, modification. We'll see. I'm just going to run the tried and true 67mm twin in the meantime for street duty.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I pulled the trigger on the Gen III over the weekend. I just got the throttle body adapter for the time being. I want to hear more driving impressions on the new monoblade units. I've already got the big Whipple eliptical that would seem to fit on the VMP adapter without much, if any, modification. We'll see. I'm just going to run the tried and true 67mm twin in the meantime for street duty.

I take it your gonna stick with 123 CAI? VMP told me it wasn't necessary but couldn't hurt to switch to 148.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a Cobra Jet 140mm, but for street I prefer running the 123mm. No doubt I would need one of the larger tubes if I bolted on a larger TB and went racing.

craustin1

Established Member
I am having lots of trouble getting the EGR lined up with the steel hose in back of it, and on to the manifold on the other end. Since there are 3 places it tightens so, I can get two our of the three to work, but cannot for the life of me get all three done. Any help/tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Im interested to see flow numbers on the VMP 173mm. Ive got a Whipple 170mm oval monoblade and that ****er flows a ton of air (2000+ cfm). Its less than ideal for street driving (tip in feels doggish), but you mash that gas and she goes into boost... hold the F on! And that's with a shitty home ported M122 and off road H pipe lol.

Interested to see if the longer but thinner VMP unit has better street manners than the shorter but fatter Whipple.

I’m curious as well how the Whipple 170mm Mono flows vs the new VMP 173mm and if either has better driveability. Currently have VMP Twinjet 67mm but know my Whipple Gen 3 combo would benefit hugely from a big mono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m curious as well how the Whipple 170mm Mono flows vs the new VMP 173mm and if either has better driveability. Currently have VMP Twinjet 67mm but know my Whipple Gen 3 combo would benefit hugely from a big mono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run an adapter and big elliptical 170 Whipple with no driveability issues.
There is a transition point in low speed driving but to me it may be related to the modded bypass valve needed for low vacuum/cams. Those buggers are pricey.
-J

RBB

Established Member
I run an adapter and big elliptical 170 Whipple with no driveability issues.
There is a transition point in low speed driving but to me it may be related to the modded bypass valve needed for low vacuum/cams. Those buggers are pricey.
-J
I think that’s just the bypass valve. I’m still running a twin 67 and notice the same thing. Kind of feels like an on/off switch.

Totalpkg

Established Member
Cleveland,OH, USA or Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I am having lots of trouble getting the EGR lined up with the steel hose in back of it, and on to the manifold on the other end. Since there are 3 places it tightens to, I can get two our of the three to work, but cannot for the life of me get all three done. Any help/tips would be appreciated. Thanks

That was the hardest part of the install. And because there was no instructions I had no idea there were studs. I put the studs in and put the gasket on and used a 1x1 wood to move the egr down and a rubber mallet to move it over. Pain in the a$$!

craustin1

Established Member
That was the hardest part of the install. And because there was no instructions I had no idea there were studs. I put the studs in and put the gasket on and used a 1x1 wood to move the egr down and a rubber mallet to move it over. Pain in the a$$!

Wow, I thought it was just me. I will work on it some more tomorrow, hopefully I don't throw something at the poor car.

Totalpkg

Established Member
Cleveland,OH, USA or Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Wow, I thought it was just me. I will work on it some more tomorrow, hopefully I don't throw something at the poor car.

I forgot to say, I had a friend help me...easier with 2 people. Take a break. Its frustrating, I went for dinner and attacked it after and got one stud in the harder one to see then the second stud.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread