Anybody stroked a 4.6 4V?

gmaine

Established Member
Just curious how many cubes can you get doing this or would I be better off droping a 5.4L with big heads.

venom279

Established Member
I have an aluminum 324 sitting in my garage waiting to go in my 93 coupe. I just need a few things to be able to finish.

I believe the 324 is the biggest you can go with a 4.6.

You can also make a big bore stroker 5.4 (358)!! :rockon:

venom279

Established Member
Black98COBRA said:
a 358 would be more like a 5.8l. A 5.4l is 330 cubes.

I know, that's why I said BIG BORED AND STROKED. I guess I should have said you can make a 358 stroker out of a 5.4 by big bore and stroking. I know how many cubes a 5.4 is, my previous car was a 00 R. ;-)

Last edited:

BlackStang98

CCU
Established Member
Doug- what kind of numbers are u posting with your stroker and what other mods do you have.

Also, how reliable are these strokers for a daily driver. I didnt see anyone mention CHP who makes a 5.1l stoker, anyone know if there a good company.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
BlackStang98 said:
Doug- what kind of numbers are u posting with your stroker and what other mods do you have.

Also, how reliable are these strokers for a daily driver. I didnt see anyone mention CHP who makes a 5.1l stoker, anyone know if there a good company.

My numbers don't really seem all that great unless you can see a graph. Peak numbers were high 29x/29x. It made more peak power untuned, but tuned it picked up a lot under the curve.

as far as other mods, i have bone stock air intake, ported intake, slightly ported heads. Flat top pistons, 4.30 gear.

as far as daily driveability, you can REALLY notice a difference in low end performance. I don't think there is any adverse effect on drivability with a stroker kit.

Users who are viewing this thread