Anybody tried the Granatelli coil connectors?

vtec this!

Black is so hot right now
Established Member
I am looking to buy the Granntelli/Motoblue coil connecters from RPM outlet. These are the coils that snap on instead of just slide on like our stock ones do. The new connectors look like they are stiff, not bendable like the stockers. My question is, how hard would it be to install these if you can't bend them to get them in to the spark plug hole.

vtec this! said:
I am looking to buy the Granntelli/Motoblue coil connecters from RPM outlet. These are the coils that snap on instead of just slide on like our stock ones do. The new connectors look like they are stiff, not bendable like the stockers. My question is, how hard would it be to install these if you can't bend them to get them in to the spark plug hole.

There isn't a lot of bending required and the silicone boot isn't going to snap off if you bend them. I had them on 4V Cobra and ran intoa problem in switching the connector wires. I sent them back but went to repmoutlet and bought the connector and silicone boots only ($100).

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
I have them....its not that bad to install. You just have to really make sure you get a good push down on the coil pack and listen for the click to make sure they are fully seated. Also dont forget to tap the wire down. They come a lil to big, so just flip them upside down, and tap them down with a hammer. When I ordered mine from LFP they provided a diagram showing what to do.

vtec this!

Established Member
Blown5pnt4 said:
I have them....its not that bad to install. You just have to really make sure you get a good push down on the coil pack and listen for the click to make sure they are fully seated. Also dont forget to tap the wire down. They come a lil to big, so just flip them upside down, and tap them down with a hammer. When I ordered mine from LFP they provided a diagram showing what to do.

Did you have to remove the fuel rails to get them in. For me it is hard enough to remove and install the flexable coils. I can't imagine trying to install ones that don't flex. Especially on the drivers side.

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
No not at all. Ive got plug changes down to sub 1hour so I guess I just have a nack for it. Once i had them in I just had to give a good push to make sure they seated all the way.

vtec this!

Established Member
Blown5pnt4 said:
No not at all. Ive got plug changes down to sub 1hour so I guess I just have a nack for it. Once i had them in I just had to give a good push to make sure they seated all the way.

Alright cool. The passenger side is pretty easy, but how do you do the drivers side with the fuel pressure regulator right above the third coil pack. I could just barely get the flexable stock one out the last time I changed the plugs. Not that I don't believe you, I am just wondering what the trick is to get one in that doesn't flex.

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
Theres no real trick persay....just use common sense. Just take your time, and come at them from the angle the sparkplug holes are facing. once you get the tip in, I just kinda turned them and they popped right in. Once all the way in, I spun them so they were facing the connections and then pushed down pretty good to hear the click of them going on the sparkplug end. That is the hardest part really...then just hook them up and your done.

Bootbox

Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but there has yet to be a dyno posted by someone proving these do anything beneficial correct? I don't know, it's something about needlessly replacing quality factory units with expensive aftermarket units that you have to hit with a hammer in order to get them to fit. Eh, just doesn't sit well with me.

Bootbox said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but there has yet to be a dyno posted by someone proving these do anything beneficial correct? I don't know, it's something about needlessly replacing quality factory units with expensive aftermarket units that you have to hit with a hammer in order to get them to fit. Eh, just doesn't sit well with me.

Rpmoutlet informed me that after Halloween they are suppsoed to have the GMS/Micro-Tech/MotoBlue version of the GMS COP kit. The guy on the tech line had told me the one they are coming out with is a perfect fit length wise and doesn't require the reversal of the polarity cables. The guy also claimed it won't require a coil cover spacer. I'll wait and see how this turns out.

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
Boot yeah your correct about that.....though I doubt they gave me any power, they smoothed out the idle alot. I also got them because I had 2 factory COPS take a dump on me and figured the rest werent far behind and since I got them for the same price as stockers I figured what the hell. lol

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Rpmoutlet informed me that after Halloween they are suppsoed to have the GMS/Micro-Tech/MotoBlue version of the GMS COP kit. The guy on the tech line had told me the one they are coming out with is a perfect fit length wise and doesn't require the reversal of the polarity cables. The guy also claimed it won't require a coil cover spacer. I'll wait and see how this turns out.

If I were you, I'd take anything the guys from RPMoutlet tech line say with a grain of salt. Make that several grains of salt. I'd give LFP a call....

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Mine fit PERFECT, right out of the box. I was one of the first to have them too. They went right in and I've had no problems or concerns whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread