Anybody use a 3" catback with SRA?

SVTurbo 98

E85 addict
Established Member
I need to upgrade my catback to 3" but can't find any mandrel bent kit's to make this happen for my 98. I' prefer to keep the tailpipes....just curious if any of you guys swapped a SRA in your turbo cobras and use a 3" catback with tailpipes...if so where could i find one? Thanks :-D

-Josh

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
MAC does have a 3" slip-fit kit so you can throw mufflers of your choice on. Give them a ring.

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
Yea I have a solid axle in my Terminator with the MAC 3" catback, tight fit over the axles but it fits.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
The MAC mufflers... They're chambered aren't they?

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
alot of people dont run 3'' on a solid axle because if you hit a bump hard eneough you can bend the exhaust...i have heard of someone running 3'' and ran it down to 2 1/2'' over the sra for clearance in there gt though

eebj01

Established Member
alot of people dont run 3'' on a solid axle because if you hit a bump hard eneough you can bend the exhaust...i have heard of someone running 3'' and ran it down to 2 1/2'' over the sra for clearance in there gt though

I don't know, mine fits with plenty of clearance all around and the car is pretty low to begin with.

SVTurbo 98

E85 addict
Established Member
Bassani also make a 3" sra catback. All S/S

Do you have a link or know where i could buy it?

I went to mac's website and couldnt find a slip fit catback where i could use my own mufflers...obviously i wouldn't use mac's...i noticed they use a offset muffler in there catback...just wondering if i would have any issues cutting there mufflers out and using c/c mufflers...

It would be ideal to have custom exhaust made but nobody in my area can do 3"...

Jonny00GT

Established Member
Last edited:

SVTurbo 98

E85 addict
Established Member
DIY, Kid! This is my plan righ hur: eBay Motors: Exhaust Intake piping kit tubing mandrel bend 3" 30alu (item 140308259922 end time Apr-15-09 17:13:56 PDT)

Pipe expander from Harbor Freight is less than $10 and works like a charm, too!

I have a v-6 bumper on my GT with '03 IRS and I'm debating on keeping it dumped like I've always had it, or go out the back with a single pipe and bulle style muffler and make it look like a V-6!

Jonny

Thanks for the link...that sounds like the way to go

Users who are viewing this thread