Anybody watch mythbusters?

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Its on discovery right now, they are testing the myth about shooting a hole in a silver dollar. Theres a pro shooter on it named Lightning Larry. Thought it was kinda funny:rolling:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Does looking into the sun make you blind? Busted......

They never aired mine:(

Nice to see L.L on the show:rolling:

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Riddlaontheroof said:
Does looking into the sun make you blind? Busted......
:lol: If it didnt work just by that you can try it with binoculars or a telescope, I think that might make it brighter.

I had an idea for a myth, they cant really test it I dont think. So your trapped on a deserted island. You have only fresh water and an unlimted supply of dog food, could you live on just that for say a year?

Riddla

Established Member
mjzilinski said:
I had an idea for a myth, they cant really test it I dont think. So your trapped on a deserted island. You have only fresh water and an unlimted supply of dog food, could you live on just that for say a year?

You will get stung by scorpions/snakes/spiders/centipedes and will probably die in the cold night.

Next

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Riddlaontheroof said:
You will get stung by scorpions/snakes/spiders/centipedes and will probably die in the cold night.

Next
Maybe, but what if there was already a house built there, then you'd be all set:poke:

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
The one where they shot the rifles into the water was interesting. If anyone is going to shoot you. Jump into the water heh. I like that show, very interesting things sometimes like the exploding jam breaker. ouch

Riddla

Established Member
If you walk into a subway with your kid and a gay attends you and calls you HUN. Will you become gay? will your little kid be gay as he gets older?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Riddlaontheroof said:
If you walk into a subway with your kid and a gay attends you and calls you HUN. Will you become gay? will your little kid be gay as he gets older?

not if you knock the *** out and your son will grow up strong knowing his dad dont take shit from nobody and either will he.

btw i watch Mythbusters religiously, ive even thought about making a pilgrimage to M5 Industries (itd only be about a 2 hour drive from my house), maybe "Bump" into Kari and ask her out, shes pretty dam hot.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I heard one where they "busted" the myth that a Marine sniper shot a Vietcong dude through the scope into his eye.

There was a big uproar considering the skills of the Marine sniper (I forget his name), and considering they didn't even use the same equipement.

I want to see that one bad. Anyone got a link?

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
They do some really cool stuff on Myth Busters.

Couple days ago they tested a myth that a swordsman could cut through another's sword during a fight. The rigged up a hydraulic arm that swung a sword at the same speed/strength as a well trained person. They tested several swords including Katana, Claymore, and Rapier. IMO the coolest test was when they set up a decorative katana against a real kitana. The real katana went right through the ornamental one.. Cool Episode!

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
thomas91169 said:
not if you knock the *** out and your son will grow up strong knowing his dad dont take shit from nobody and either will he.

btw i watch Mythbusters religiously, ive even thought about making a pilgrimage to M5 Industries (itd only be about a 2 hour drive from my house), maybe "Bump" into Kari and ask her out, shes pretty dam hot.

+1 on Kari.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
ford_racer said:
I heard one where they "busted" the myth that a Marine sniper shot a Vietcong dude through the scope into his eye.

There was a big uproar considering the skills of the Marine sniper (I forget his name), and considering they didn't even use the same equipement.

I want to see that one bad. Anyone got a link?

No link but I watched it. They did it like 20 times and could never get the bullet to go straight through the scope. The even mounted the guns on the same table so the barrel of one was like 1 foot away from the scope of the other and still, the bullet got deflected.

BUSTED!:coolman:

Hooligan02

We're all full of lies
Established Member
Mythbusters is such a cool show, I graduated w/ a science degree (totally useless for what I do for a living) so I find all of it quite interesting. I liked the episode with the two semis smashing a car, haha

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
I saw some where on line where they busted the myth that that hot chicks do pass gas by sticking a fart/gas detector down Kari's pants....That was f'n funny. Anyone have that???? LMFAO

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
capnkirk52 said:
No link but I watched it. They did it like 20 times and could never get the bullet to go straight through the scope. The even mounted the guns on the same table so the barrel of one was like 1 foot away from the scope of the other and still, the bullet got deflected.

Yea, it was a pretty good one

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
capnkirk52 said:

Here's what I'm reading:

They tried to put a ****ing hollow point through a tasco with way more lenses than a PU would have had.

I dunno what they expected

GSGT Charles Hathcock (may God rest his soul) if I am not mistaken was using a .30-06 caliber Winchester model 70 bolt action rifle. That round he shot out of it would be a FMJ not a JHP. The Vietnamize sniper he shot through the scope would have been using a nagant rifle with either a PE or PU scope mounted on it not a Tasco.

There's a big difference between a Vietnam era PU/PE scope and a modern Tasco. There's also a huge difference between a full metal jacket 30-06 bullet and a jacketed hollow point 30-06 bullet.

The PU/PE scopes are shorter than a modern Tasco.

A FMJ 30-06 round will go through a deer or an elk. That's definitely more difficult to achieve than passing through a scope.

For the record, the PE and PU scopes:

PE
839a_1.JPG

PU

1174_1.JPG

And the Tasco:

TascoScope.jpg

See the difference?

If someone cares to donate 150 bucks, I'll shoot through the damn scope with a 30-06. Hell I'd bet my 7.62x39 will shoot through it.

Users who are viewing this thread