Anybody Widen the stock Brembo's yet

Entrenched

Established Member
So I talked to Weldcraft about widening my rear Brembo wheels to 11.5 inches and was curious if anyone has done this yet. Was thinking about a 345/30r19 Nitto NT05R. Anybody seen this on any S197 or specifically a '10 or'11? I know clearing would be tight but I have some different size spacers (1/4, 1/2, 1"). Let me know what you've got.

lsp408

Established Member
I am interesting too.

I have had weldcraft widen my wheels before. they did great job. The wheels balance out great and actually took less weight than before.

sb03cobra

Established Member
I also thought about doing this, but there is just not enough room without the tire sticking out past the fender.

I am waiting until spring when M/T 305/35/19 DR's are released.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I've measured the wheel wells and to add an extra two inches to the stock wheels is pretty unrealistic without severe rubbing issues. At least not without going with a pretty hefty spacer in the rear.

The stock wheels inset enough that the wheels are near what is required for minimum clearance on a panhard bar equipped car.

My feeling here is that to do it right will require not only a hubcentric spacer, but I would want to go to a watts link to get the rear perfectly center and control lateral movement of the axle. the panhard bar simply arcs way too much and the passenger side wheel is going to rub like crazy otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread