Anyone beat a Saleen?

mr-mstng

Established Member
Just curious, any 03 cobra owners out there encounter a newer (blown) Saleen?

mr-mstng

Established Member
Originally posted by 11secCobra
i did...pulled it like it was standing still. oh yeah it was supercharged also
'
I figured as much. Was it an 'E'? I wonder why anyone would consider a Saleen now that the Cobras are faster AND cheaper.

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
The E as I know is only .2 or .3 seconds faster than the 03 cobra and is ALOT more money. I know I dont own eather one I am just saying if I had 33G I would get a 03 cobra all they way I wouldnt save up more money for a Saleen. Just my .02

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
The Mach 1 is fast then the supercharged Saleen not the E. Well atleast I think it is:shrug: Some one correct me if I am rong :-D I would rather have the Mach then the Saleen and the Mach's are only 28-29 thousand I think. Like 1Yellow03 said Saleens are all show and no go.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by 98gtstang
The Mach 1 is fast then the supercharged Saleen not the E. Well atleast I think it is:shrug: Some one correct me if I am rong :-D I would rather have the Mach then the Saleen and the Mach's are only 28-29 thousand I think. Like 1Yellow03 said Saleens are all show and no go.
A new S281-SC would own a Mach all day long. The new SC'd S281S have twin-screws and make 375hp and well over 400tq.

The S281-E is the top dog of "stock" mustangs right now. A built 2V with a Twin-Screw, exhaust, cams, 6spd, Solid 8.8, etc. They can run 12.2 on stock rubber, and 11.70s on slicks. Its a beast.

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
You seem to know a thing or 2 so what gears would you recommend for me I have a 98 GT and about 50% of the people have said 3.73 and the other 50% said go with 4.10's. I am looking for the best improvements in 1/4 mile Thanks bro. :D

hj16

Established Member
4.10s for a daily driver.

I'd recommend getting the PI Headswap done first though. Its the best bang for the buck mod on 96-98GTs.

Edit - in case you dont know, PI means Performance Improved, These heads are the same ones used on 99+GTs.

Last edited:

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Ya I would love to get the PI heads but just got enough money for gears right now. Is there a big performance difference between the 3.73 and 4.10's? Thanks again

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by 98gtstang
Ya I would love to get the PI heads but just got enough money for gears right now. Is there a big performance difference between the 3.73 and 4.10's? Thanks again
3.73s are a waste. BTW - do you have an Auto or Manual?

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Manual :D do you know how much they will help me 1/4 mile wise. I was thinking about .3 off my time but im not sure? One more thing to get the gears installed you need a Speedcal right?

hj16

Established Member
.3 sounds about right if you get traction. I think 96-98GTs can use the plastic gearing to adjust the speedo.

Seriously though, I'd save up for the PI Headswap instead of doing gears right away.

hj16

Established Member
They should run around $1200 for everything including cams and valves. Your compression will be upped to about 10.5:1 afterthe swap.

I didt know where you could get them, so I looked around for you.

Fox Lake, PowerHeads Performance and DTA Racing and Performance are the ones I could quickly find.

Users who are viewing this thread