Anyone do a t56 swap

blownmach1

Established Member
im looking to do a t56 swap into the mach. i have been shopping around and i am wondering what company you guys went with for the t56.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
D&D is the best way to go, great guys and great customer service. Ordered a clutch from them and got here in 2 days!

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
im looking to do a t56 swap into the mach. i have been shopping around and i am wondering what company you guys went with for the t56.

With a high HP application like your Screenname states you will want the D&D with the upgraded input shaft.

Bought mine from a friend that owned a mustang shop. Only 11k was on it. He was going to use it in his GT but sold it. I blew up my 3650 and got the T56 from him for $1200. Good deal.

The mach 3.55 might be bearable but all I know is the 3.27 in my cobra I could hit near 60mph in 1st gear. Ack! Immediately put 3.73's in and love it.

Last edited:

04torchred

Established Member
We did one on my brothers Mach 1. Got the tranny from Ford Racing with the Cobra R spec'd ratios. 2.97 first.

Also got a 03-04 Cobra Aluminum DS, pinion flange, cross member, and the correct output yoke.

D&Ds setup looks nice, but I think we paid a bit less ordering our stuff through Steve @ Toulsey Ford.

2004Mach

Established Member
I have a complete 6 speed setup for a Mach for sale if u r interested. I had it built by D&D it is strong as hell, and only has 6000 miles on it. I am putting automatic into mine.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I got everything I need from D&D. They shipped it to my door within days. Great customer service. Quality parts and decent prices. Best mod I've done so far.

WHiTE03MACh

Camel Lover
Established Member
I have one out of my mach for sale. Fresh rebuilt cobra T56, aluminum cobra driveshaft, cobra pinion flange, trans has 26 spline liberty upgrade and also have a 26 spline DFX clutch. All has less than 1000 miles... T56 was just rebuilt by astro performance.

Users who are viewing this thread