Anyone done this?

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
So has anyone swapped door panels from a 10-14 gt or gt500 to an 07-09? I'm assuming the door are the same. Just a thought but the newer gt door panels good pretty good and mine as starting to have that sagging.

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
I have seen it done. You will have to remove (i believe one) alignment pin or clip off the new door. Also, there will be a raised section at the back of the door by the locks because the 10+ doors swoop up in the back.

Last edited:

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I searched Google and couldn't find a write up. I just wanted to see if anyone had actual experience with it. It might be cheaper to just have a shop re do mine.

Airbound

Established Member
Just have a shop fix them right. I paid about 200$ to have this done in my 08 and it was well worth it. Thy never came off again. Best of luck!

Last edited:

usmc_mustang

Established Member
I did mine at home. If I had to do it again I would take the panel off and do it while the panel is horizontal and not while it was still on the door. I used this write up: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1009753-Door-panel-leather-wrinkled

I only did one door and because it was was still on the door the top of the panel stuck really good but the middle of it sagged a bit. Also the glue smell will last for about a week but it will go away. I still have some glue and I am in Flemning Island if you want to give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread