Anyone else hate their job?

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Bite your tongue sir...
I was self employed, and when it was rolling it was great, but when it was slow it was horrible. And from 2008 to when I finally gave up in 2014 it was slow. I could afford to abandon the pursuit, so I'm alright, but I miss the good old days.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I was self employed, and when it was rolling it was great, but when it was slow it was horrible. And from 2008 to when I finally gave up in 2014 it was slow. I could afford to abandon the pursuit, so I'm alright, but I miss the good old days.

Understood. Can’t say I’ll feel the same way when the time comes though! :)

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I am 70 years old, only work five days a week now. I plan on working until I cant anymore. Retirement can be a slow painful death. If you have a job that doesnt kick your azz and you feel like you are contributing it can be the best thing for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
$20 a hour is chicken shit, my wife makes that. Don’t ask...

My gf makes over that too...

But, the fact is... you can make entry level over $20 for say a Fluid Delivery Company. Where your job is literally to sit in a pick up truck... watch a pump. And make sure it doesnt shut off.

You literally can sleep in the truck, watch movies, etc.. if the alarm goes off, you just make a call for someone to fix it if pushing the start button doesnt start it back up

When jobs like that exist for double what retail pays.. retail is having a very hard time hiring people

dynasty_v6

Established Member
Not saying I doubt you, because I don't live where you live...

But if you have a college degree, (engineering is great, other BS degrees ok too) you need to come to North Carolina!

I work for a manufacturing company that designs and sells automation equipment. We are doing VERY well as a company and are in the process of our third (and largest) expansion. We're hiring over 100 employees and salaries range from 55k - 100k plus. We have an ESOP and excellent vacation time.

Low cost of living here too... if you can find a house to buy! Those are few and far between... might be renting a year or two at first.
I work for an automation equipment company as well and looking for a change, if you don't mind PM me where you work and I'll check out their careers section...

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I am 70 years old, only work five days a week now. I plan on working until I cant anymore. Retirement can be a slow painful death. If you have a job that doesnt kick your azz and you feel like you are contributing it can be the best thing for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Agreed. My father lasted about a month of being retired til he got bored and has had several part time jobs since then.

Users who are viewing this thread