Anyone else have a gear/trans whine?

roki187

Established Member
I have a manual with a gear or trans whine at ~55mph and on. Anyone else have the same issue. I know it was an issue on the early s197's but to have the same issue still.... Really?!

I actually noticed it at about 30 some miles on the car. Now at 1600 it's quite loud and annoying. Thanx for the input

nicksender

Established Member
I have a manual with a gear or trans whine at ~55mph and on. Anyone else have the same issue. I know it was an issue on the early s197's but to have the same issue still.... Really?!

I actually noticed it at about 30 some miles on the car. Now at 1600 it's quite loud and annoying. Thanx for the input

I don't think you'll find too many people who would say they don't have a whine or clunk coming from their MT-82; there are threads littered on this and many other forums about it.

The best solution is a louder exhaust as Ford isn't going to do anything more to the MT-82 than what was in it when it left the factory.

I test drove several 2015 GT's and every one of them had a whine, clunk, or notchy shifts.

You might also be getting some residual transference noises due to your aftermarket driveshaft/halfshafts?

roki187

Established Member
I don't think you'll find too many people who would say they don't have a whine or clunk coming from their MT-82; there are threads littered on this and many other forums about it.

The best solution is a louder exhaust as Ford isn't going to do anything more to the MT-82 than what was in it when it left the factory.

I test drove several 2015 GT's and every one of them had a whine, clunk, or notchy shifts.

You might also be getting some residual transference noises due to your aftermarket driveshaft/halfshafts?

The clunks, thuds and notchiness I don't mind at all but the whine........I'll learn to live with it.

Thanx for the input

vergil

Established Member

+1

Users who are viewing this thread