Anyone else hear bad crankshafts as reason for prod. hold?

Gumball

Established Member
I just had a conversation with my dealer. He was very happy that I referred ntechnic to him for the redfire vert, when he offhandedly mentions the production hold. He said he got nothing in writing, but instead spoke to some one inside who told him Ford got a couple of bad crankshafts from their supplier. Apparently they caught it before any were finished and pulled the entire line for inspection. He is still expecting mine to be built next week...we'll see.

I did a quick search before posting this to see if this was old news and saw nothing. If this is old news then I'll apologize now for being a :loser: . He didn't say how they discovered the problem, or if it is attributable to any of the other problems currently being experienced.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
There's lots of rumors flying around. I had heard from elsewhere on this board that it was bad cylinder heads, which can cause the "tick".

Time will tell...in the meantime BON will speculate. :D

Snoker

Established Member
I don't even go to BON anymore. There information channels are so full of rumor, no one would know if truthful information is posted. Plus they are so biased against Ford, I think they make things up or add incorrect details to a rumor to make it seem terrible and therefore slam Ford owners.

I wish they would change their site to a GM or Honda site, or maybe better to a Yugo site.

Users who are viewing this thread