Anyone else in the MD/NOVA area

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
get stuck in the nightmare traffic yesterday/lastnight/this morning? I left Ashburn, Va last night at 3:30pm and did not get home to Frederick, Md untill about 12:00pm. Was in the Cummins, tried all routes and everything was shut down. Stangs, Camaros, 350Zs, Bimmers, and basically all fwd and tractor trailers were stuck.

Side note: Why does it seem like when they call for snow Va has trucks posted up every 100yds, but when it snows they are no where to be seen? Once I got over the bridge at Point of Rocks Md roads were clear.

Kellys03Gt

Established Member
My brothers gt wouldn't make it home, he had to have my dad pick him up, usually a 30 minute drive to his work took 3 hours last night.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
It was awesome!

I have this:
Photo0326.jpg

But I didn't play around in it last night because of all the crazy drivers... Last year I ended up going out at 2AM when the roads were free of drivers, just snow plows. I ended up going for a walk and finding a steep hill which ended up getting really congested and chaotic from everyone trying to drive around each other and there was only one cop on scene trying to direct traffic to let a plow come through. The cop had me and a few other guys who were standing around help tell people to stop trying to pull around everyone and get to the side to let the plow do some passes and lay sand, and people were still refusing to listen.

It was really chaotic, like ever man for himself out there and it was sad to see people start to act like animals when stuff like this happens. People kept trying to pull out into the path we were clearing and it just stopped the plow from doing his job, which ended up making everyone wait even longer because we had to try to get the idiot to get back onto the side of the road to let the plow pass.

Last edited:

TrevorR90

Banned
Lol good thing I got out of Maryland in time.. I went back overseas... Anyways I see you are from Frederick. I'm from Hagerstown, but I am moving to Frederick this summer and am being stationed in Ft Detrick. Maybe we should hang out sometime?

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
People were complete animals, I ended up blocking some traffic with the truck because all they were doing was creating more issues.

Nuts, but I had a full tank of diesel and was ready to let her idle all night!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I moved to the Eastern Shore 12 years ago, best thing I ever did. Last year, even with 2 back to back blizzards I was able to get to the grocery store with in 24 hours after the snow stopped. I hate driving to the dark side, it makes my BP skyrocket.

Users who are viewing this thread