Anyone else running 4.10s on their 94-95?

NV Forged

All I can say is WOW! :banana: :banana:

I had never really gotten around to driving my car until today (pretty much stock 5.0) with the 4.10s and the independent diff and maaaaann!! The car feels like a monster!!! Btw keyword is FEELS loll =)

I only did a 1st and second gear pull and boy I'm in shock at how well the car scoots out now! :pepper:

It's actually really got me thinking twice about selling it lol damn I didn't think a stock 5.0 could ever give me an ear to ear grin like that

Anyway sorry for yapping on about my car and time to get back to my question, anyone else running 4.10s on their 94-95? :thumbsup:

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
My buddy has a full bolt on 95 and I keep telling him how much gears would help. Even 3.55/3.73's would feel great.

AaronsP71

Established Member
I used to have 4:10s on my 03 GT. It woke the car up but if you are traction limited you may spin through first and second and they suck on the highway. I think I used to be at like 3000 RPMs at 70 MPH in overdrive.

NV Forged

Yeah he's definitely gotta get some gears my car is not even considerably close to full bolt ons and its made a hugeeee difference. The car is so much more fun to drive now.

My buddy has a full bolt on 95 and I keep telling him how much gears would help. Even 3.55/3.73's would feel great.

Traction wasn't really an issue surprisingly! It kinda gets a little bit loose but it scoots out real nice. I can probably thank my tires and IRS for that.

It would kinda spin through first when I had 17s on the car with the solid diff and stock gears.

Also, I'm sure its gonna suck terribly when I take it out on the highway one of these days loll I'm sure its going to be worth it though :beer:

I used to have 4:10s on my 03 GT. It woke the car up but if you are traction limited you may spin through first and second and they suck on the highway. I think I used to be at like 3000 RPMs at 70 MPH in overdrive.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member

yeah i personally dont like anything higher then 3.90 gears, I have 3.73's perfect all around gear and 1st and second is still pointless, anything higher is only good from a dig( if you can hook it up)

jtkz13

Established Member
I'm going 4.10's very soon, these 3.55's are pretty boring feeling.

I may have some traction problems though, I dont expect to be able to launch on street tires too hard.

Users who are viewing this thread