anyone else running ford racing springs? got a question..

93sspcoupe

Established Member
i recently swapped the caster camber plates and front and rear springs shocks and struts, to ford racing b coil springs and kyb shocks and struts non adjustable and maximum motorsports cc plates. the rear went fine and so did passenger side front, the driver side however didnt, the tire is rubbing the fender and its sitting much lower on driver side than passenger side. anyone else have this problem? also changed the rack and pinion too to a 2.25 turn lock to lock

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
yeah, i had the problem when i had ford racing c spings. I even used brand new isos. I also made sure the pigtails were the exact same position on all four corners. I wound up trimming the spring with a cutoff wheel until i got the correct measurements on all four corners.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
yeah, i had the problem when i had ford racing c spings. I even used brand new isos. I also made sure the pigtails were the exact same position on all four corners. I wound up trimming the spring with a cutoff wheel until i got the correct measurements on all four corners.

but the car sets to low on that one corner. i dont want it to sit any lower lol.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
but the car sets to low on that one corner. i dont want it to sit any lower lol.

hmmm. Did you put new iso's in? if you didnt, you probably should. Other than that, i dont know of any other way to fix

lone sailor

Established Member
Sounds like you may have gotten a weak spring. I would call them up and tell them what it's doing and see if they will send you a replacement. If you really wanted to, you could swap the front springs and that would tell you if it was the spring or something else in your suspension, but I realize that is more work. Good luck.

geoffc

Established Member
When I first installed my c-springs, I had KYBs all around and installed new isolators as well. After a few months, the front struts gave and I noticed the old bushings were practically gone. The car was sitting very low in the front, almost tucking tread. I recently installed Strange front struts and poly bushings. Now the car is sitting perfectly level.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
When I first installed my c-springs, I had KYBs all around and installed new isolators as well. After a few months, the front struts gave and I noticed the old bushings were practically gone. The car was sitting very low in the front, almost tucking tread. I recently installed Strange front struts and poly bushings. Now the car is sitting perfectly level.

that is something else i thought about too

Users who are viewing this thread