Anyone else running Griggs Racing suspension with Torque arm?

Soybean55

Established Member
Jumped the gun.... glad you got it squared away. Sounds like a much cheaper resolution

builttodrive

Established Member
It was finally nice enough here and the forecast looks good for a while so I decided to take the GT500 out for a little test drive. Though it's overall better I have the same issue. The vibrations really come in at around 100 MPH and they only get worse the faster I go. The steering wheel is fine but I even get the vibrations through the dash. It doesn't really feel like it's front or rear. Also it doesn't seem to make a differences weather I'm accelerating or coasting. I guess my next try is to move the driveshaft 180 degrees and see what that does?

Last edited:

builttodrive

Established Member
I had a chance to rotate my DSS one piece aluminum shaft 180 degrees today and here are the results. The vibration got considerably better but they are still there and they start at a higher speed. I was originally getting them around 100mph and now its closer to 110mph-115mph and continue as I go faster. Does this sound like the driveshaft is the likely cause?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm running the Griggs Torque arm but no watts link and zero issues. I also run a carbon fiber driveshaft. If this isn't your daily, send out the DS to get it checked.

Also, if you can find one, switch to a JLT CF 127mm CAI. I bet you pick up a nice bit of power and smoother tune.

builttodrive

Established Member
I'm running the Griggs Torque arm but no watts link and zero issues. I also run a carbon fiber driveshaft. If this isn't your daily, send out the DS to get it checked.

Also, if you can find one, switch to a JLT CF 127mm CAI. I bet you pick up a nice bit of power and smoother tune.

Thanks for the info! For some reason VMP really liked the JLT 123 and they tuned it so I went with it. I had a Cobra Jet setup ready to go on it but they still suggested the JLT 123. I will have to keep a look out for a 127. I would like the CF look better too.

For the driveshaft I will probable have to have it checked out. I may see what my local trusty driveline service thinks and go from there. I imagine freight on the driveshaft will likely be a chunk of change.

Users who are viewing this thread